New with second question

mumom95

Wow, I got my first question answered so quickly, that I guess it is time to ask my second question.

On the day we disembark the ship, how does that work. We have a 1:00 pm flight out of Vancouver and we are taking the Princess transfer from ship to airport. What happens with our luggage, do we carry it with us, put it outside our door the night before or morning of? Do we just exit the boat whenever we want? Can we still eat breakfast?

I know a lot of questions, but once again, I just want to have an idea of what is going on to keep the stress level down.

Thanks again!!

If Princess arranged your air, they will have your flight numbers, time, etc. If you arranged your own air, you or your TA need to give that information to Princess. The last night of your cruise, you will attach tags provided by Princess to your luggage and sit it outside your stateroom before you go to dinner. You should keep your carryons along with the clothes you need for the next morning and any personal items you will need to take along with you. The color and numbers on the tags provided to you determines when you leave the ship. Starting early in the morning, they call off the colors and level numbers and you leave when your color/number is called. There are many public areas where you can wait to be called. You will need to eat breakfast early. You will have a customs form to fill out the night before and will hand that to the appropriate person as you leave the ship. You will go to a large area where you will retrieve your luggage and then there will be plenty of fellows available to help you take your luggage to the bus for your transfer back to the airport. Hope this helps.

Your disembarkation time will be assigned based on the time of your departing flight. Pax with earlier flights get earlier disembarkation times. The info will be delivered to your cabin along with color-coded luggage tags - your color will be assigned a disembarkation time. They will also tell you what time your luggage must be outside your cabin to be collected, and yes you put it out the night before. Don't forget to hold on to a carry-on with a change of clothes and incidentals for disembarkation day.

One thing you may want to check on is the express airline check-in that I've read about here that's available in Vancouver. If I understand correctly, you can check your luggage from the ship all the way through to your aircraft and you won't need to lug it again until you get home. I'm sure someone can give you more info on this.

Enjoy your cruise, and welcome to Princess! :)

More on the original breakfast question ...

Disney assigned breakfast times, what is available and when for breakfast the last morning. I assume no room service since everyone is very busy preparing for the next cruise.

Usually there is no room service on the last morning and you have the option of going to the Horizon Court or to the dining room, depending upon how early your flight is scheduled. We often go to the dining room if we expect to be called late; it helps kill some time when otherwise we'd just be sitting around waiting to be called.

Have a good trip.

Wow, I got my first question answered so quickly, that I guess it is time to ask my second question.

On the day we disembark the ship, how does that work. We have a 1:00 pm flight out of Vancouver and we are taking the Princess transfer from ship to airport. What happens with our luggage, do we carry it with us, put it outside our door the night before or morning of? Do we just exit the boat whenever we want? Can we still eat breakfast?

A few days before you disembark, you'll receive a form to fill out and drop off at the Pursar's Desk with your flight information. This is used to assign your luggage tag color (i.e., order of disembarkation).

The day before you disembark, your cabin steward will put disembarkation instructions in your cabin or in the pocket outside your door. This will include the Customs declarations, luggage tags, the instructions and the schedule of disembarkation along with approximate times.

It's recommended that you put your luggage (with tags) outside your cabin before going to dinner. Some people put one bag before dinner and, if they have a 2nd bag, the second bag after returning from dinner so they can put last-minute clothing into the suitcase.

When packing, make sure you keep out clothing you plan to wear the next day. KEEP YOUR PASSPORT OR ID WITH YOU!!! You'll be putting your nightclothes and last-minute items in your carry-on to take off with you the next morning.

The next morning, you can get up and go to breakfast in either the buffet or dining room. I prefer the dining room that last morning since it's not crowded, the food is excellent, and the service is fast since they know you're getting off.

When your luggage tag color is called, you will leave the ship and go through Immigration. Once past Immigration, you'll be directed to where your luggage is. All of the luggage is sorted by luggage tag color and number. For instance, there's Red 1, Red 2 and Red 3. There will be separate groupings for each number within the color.

Find your luggage and hand your Customs declaration to the officer. Once you're out the door, you'll be directed to the Princess transfers, give them your luggage, board the bus and you're on your way to the airport.

In Vancouver, Princess offers a special disembarkation for certain airlines, for a fee, which allows you to use a special tag for your luggage. It's taken from outside your door and directly to the airline. You won't see it until you get home. You then board a special bus to the airport. I haven't done this and I might be fuzzy on the details, but essentially you go through Immigration and are checked in to the airline while on the ship. Perhaps someone who has done this can be more specific.

No room service on debart AM. Eat an early breakfast at the buffet, you will wait till your number is called (over loud speaker) in a public area of your choice on that morning. All very smooth the way they do it. Make sure Princess KNOWS you have an earlier flight before you leave on your cruise and then check with your color on the sheet they give you, that morning to be sure you are in the first to get off the ship. They should have you among the first because of your earlier flight. Plus about mid-week into your cruise, you will get instructions in the patter for any last minute things you need to do to prepare for that morning you are leaving with the Pursur's desk.. Good luck, have fun!:)

We were among the last colors called and we were still off the ship by 10AM.

Archived