Crown Princess - Aft Cabin?

thepinkpanther

The upgrade fairy just visited, bumping me from a oceanview cabin on Emerald Deck (category G) to an oceanview with portholes (Cat. C) on Riviera Deck. R747 to be exact. The thing is, the room is all the way aft and next to the Terrace Pool.

We are first time cruisers, and I've heard of vibrations coming from the aft cabins. Should we be concerned or request another cabin?

For those going on the June 14th sailing, can you guys/gals give input when you get back?

Cheers!

Zia :)

The upgrade fairy just visited, bumping me from a oceanview cabin on Emerald Deck (category G) to an oceanview with portholes (Cat. C) on Riviera Deck. R747 to be exact. The thing is, the room is all the way aft and next to the Terrace Pool.

We are first time cruisers, and I've heard of vibrations coming from the aft cabins. Should we be concerned or request another cabin?

For those going on the June 14th sailing, can you guys/gals give input when you get back?

Cheers!

Zia :)

Sounds like the same cabin we turned down on the 7/2 sailing because of its location near the pool and the restrooms. We said "no" because of the all traffic, the odors (chlorine and bathrooms), and the noise level from the passengers. This is a bigger concern than movement.

They keep trying to sell these 4 cabins as an "upgrade" because no one would book them at the regular price! As my TA says, they should sell them at a lower rate!

I would see if Princess has another cabin available more forward.

MARAPRINCE

Thanks Maraprince!

One more question. We booked through Princess, so would we be able to call them and ask them for a different room futher forward? What are the odds of us getting a different room (in the same category, but not on a lower deck)? Do we have to give an reason that we want the change?

Thanks again!

Zia

thepinkpanther,

I would call and see what is available ASAP! You do not need to give them a reason why. If they pursue it, tell them you do not consider the new cabin an upgrade due to its location. If they refuse to move you to another cabin more forward, tell them INSTEAD OF THE UPGRADED CABIN YOU WANT TO STAY WHERE YOU ARE AT AND WILL TAKE AN ON BOARD CREDIT AND JUST LEAVE YOU IN YOUR ORIGINAL CABIN. You were offered an upgrade so don't let Princess take it away. But be forwarded, they sold our original cabin and offered 2 other cabins that were under the cigar lounge on Plaza deck -- we are non smokers -- the deck has the craziest numbering system! To prevent further moves, ask that a "hold" be put on your reservation. Otherwise, unless you booked as a "guarantee" basis, someone else at Princess will probably offer one of these same 4 cabins that no one else wants!

Princess convinced us that no other cabins were available in outside category and that we should pay a higher rate to get a balcony cabin. Don't forget, our original "free" upgrade has now costed us $140 more per person! We are still in "negotiations" with Princess over this one! A free upgrade should be a free upgrade and not wind up costing us more.

MARAPRINCE

Sure it is not great to be all the way forward or aft but you may be creating trouble where there is NONE. I was all the way forward on Century recently (kinda stunk just cuz I walked ALOT)and then all the way aft on Freedom of the Seas for a pre-inaugural. I'll tell you that aft cabin was awesome. What is bad about walking out your door to a pool?

I could be wrong but Panther I think you should think twice before assuming this is a bad thing. Talk to some people who has had similar on Caribbean Princess before giving it away. You may be sorry later.

We have two forward cabins on Crown but hey things could be worse. Do some more research first. Then worry if you must, or get the balc!

I actually think the location is great! Nothing like having a huge balcony and pool within steps with out booking a balcony cabin. I have not know people in that exact cabin but knew people in R743 and they loved the location.

I've walked by those cabins many times and thought, "Wow, what a great location!" And I think they are cat CC or D or somehting like that - one of the higher outside cabins... which usually makes them more expensive, closer to a real balcony cost, and that's we we've never booked one. But if I knew I could get upgraded from an inside or lower outside cat., I'd book in a flash!

Definitely be sure of what you want before you call Princess to make a change. Find out as much as you can about the cabin first, because one person's "terrible location" can be anothers perfect cabin...evidenced here by the varied responses to the question. Good luck, and have a great cruise!

Archived