Rhapsody OS next to radio room

I am looking into booking an owner's suite on the Rhapsody and was wondering if anyone can comment on their ship positions. If I book the 1st one next to the radio room, what will I see looking forward.

Also, is there any disadvantage to staying in one that has an adjoining suite?

Thanks,

Marcia

Hi Marcia,

We just booked an Owner's Suite on the Rhapsody too. Our travel agent advised against booking stateroom #8000, the one next to the Radio Room. She said often, you can hear all the noise thru the walls coming out of the Radio Room. :(

I’m not aware of any disadvantage to staying in an OS that has an adjoining suite. My sister stayed in OS #8004 (on sister ship Vision of the Seas) & said they checked the adjoining door & it was always locked.

Cabin #8004 has the bed facing the opposite direction that you are sailing in. A concern if you are prone to sea sickness. When you walk in the room, the closets (& there are several of them) are to your left. To your right is the huge bathroom with whirlpool tub, separate shower, double bowl marble sinks & even a bidet! Next in line on the right is the Queen size bed. Again the headboard is on the back side of the wall of cabin #8002, so when you are in bed, you face the aft (rear) of the ship.

If you are prone to sea sickness, the bed should face the same direction as the ship is sailing. Just the opposite of cabin #8004.

The cabin next door #8002, should be the exact opposite of #8004. So we booked #8002 on the Rhapsody so the bed faces the same direction as the ship is sailing. When you are so far up in front of the ship, you tend to feel the “motion to the ocean” a lot more.

My brother-in law went out on the balcony early every morning as we were entering the port. He said the Captain waived to him every day. From the OS balcony’s, you get a pretty good view up to the Bridge & can observe the staff doing their jobs as they dock the ship. And they can see you too, so be careful what you do on the balcony! :p

What Rhapsody sailing are you looking at? We are sailing next year in December 2007. The prices were so reasonable for an OS that far in advance, we couldn’t pass it up!

Hope this is helpful & wish you a wonderful time on your cruise.

Happy Sailing,

Suzy B

Thanks so much Suzy B! I just about gave up on getting such a great answer to my question.

I went ahead and booked cabin #8002 also. We will be on the May 6, 2007 sailing. Like you, I just could not pass up the great rate. I am at platinum level, so I got $100 off. Also, did you know that you can get the $99 discount if you book by June 15?

Thanks again for the great reply,

Marcia

Hi Marcia,

Ironic that we are staying in the same stateroom isn't it. I haven't found anyone on these boards with photos of #8002, but if I find any, I'll let you know. I even did a google search & found one fella who posted that he stayed in #8002, but it was a typo as he actually had photos of #8502. If you locate any photos, please let me know. Thanks!

Glad you got a great rate too! Wait till you reach Diamond status; that's a whopping $300 off! :) Yes, that $99 discount actually gave us the incentive to book, which we did toward the end of May. Our travel agent said it takes a couple of weeks for RCCL to apply it to our Statement of Account. As soon as they do, she'll check to be sure they also gave us the $300 Diamond C & A credit & fax us the RCCL Statement with the adjusted totals.

Wouldn't it be nice if the Crown & Anchor Magazine also had a $150 coupon for both of us to use next year! The on-line version C & A coupons were available this past week & I checked - there was a Rhapsody coupon, but not for a 2007 sailing. So let's keep our fingers crossed! ;)

Looks like we are chatting on two different threads. Have you checked your "Concierge Lounge after dry dock" thread lately. Bob (post #15 ) said that RCCL will be adding a Concierge Lounge on all their ships. So we are happy to hear about that. When we sailed on the Radiance, they didn't have one then & on the Navagator, we were only gold status. So I'll bet the Lounge will be added when the Rhapsody is in dry dock next year in Feb. That way, you can enjoy it on your May sailing.

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Take care,

Suzy B

Hi, Suzy B:

I haven't found any pics of 8002 either. The closest I could come was 8504. Here's the link to it:

//http://community.webshots.com/photo/265377130/1265392129056770696lueNTw

I finally reached Platinum level, but only got $100 off the suite. Is the supposed to be a $200 jump between Plat & Diam? I will be checking the coupons also, but have never been able to find one for the sailing I'm on:mad:

It's good to know from Bob that they have plans for adding the lounge to all ships. I sure hop they do it while Rhapsody is in drydock IN FEB!!! Not a huge deal, but just a nice perk. I will enjoy the May sailing regardless. Especially since they will be changing out the bedding - Rhapsody's bedding is really terrible.

Snoozeman:

Thanks for the Westie comment. She's even cuter in person! Not too spoiled either.:rolleyes:

Hi Marcia,

Thanks for the photos of #8504. They were sort of dark on my computer but from what I was able to make out, it is set up like the stateroom next to ours - #8004. My sister stayed in #8004 so I’m familiar with that one.

I did find 2 to 3 photo’s of #8002 on the Vision which is the sister ship to Rhapsody. The room set up should be the same. The first photo shows part of the bedroom with the living room in the back round. You can make out the corner of the bed on the left side: http://www.geocities.com/vision042802/

This confirms what my feelings were that the bed is against the wall to the left when you enter stateroom #8002, just what I was hoping for.

Concerning the C & A Discount amount, on our last 7 day sailing which was back in Feb. 2005, we received a $300 C & A Diamond Discount when we stayed in a Grand Suite.

All our sailings at the Platinum level were more than 7 night sailings, so that may make a difference in the amount. Those sailings were entitled to a $200 C & A Platinum Discount.

Funny how RCCL seems to treat the C & A Discount amounts almost as a secret. All I can find in writing is, “Special rates on balcony and suite staterooms” on the RCCL site. I sure hope they don’t decide to reduce these Discounts. Every discount/reduction helps. ;)

Thanks again for all you help & assistance. Hope you have a great week.

Take care,

Suzy B

Archived