Suite 137

CeeJay11

We have booked 20 days in the Caribbean on the Legend, starting Feb. 17 (3 cruises, back-to-back), and when requesting an A1 booking we were offered Suite 137. The location seems really handy, but our concern is that it is located beside the elevator and we are wondering if there is any noise from the elevator into the suite, so if anyone has stayed in this suite, we would love to hear from you. If this is not a problem, then it would be very convenient to be so close to the elevator and the stairs.

We have booked 20 days in the Caribbean on the Legend, starting Feb. 17 (3 cruises, back-to-back), and when requesting an A1 booking we were offered Suite 137. The location seems really handy, but our concern is that it is located beside the elevator and we are wondering if there is any noise from the elevator into the suite, so if anyone has stayed in this suite, we would love to hear from you. If this is not a problem, then it would be very convenient to be so close to the elevator and the stairs.

I wouldn't mind that location. The elevators don't really seem to make noise anyway, yet I haven't actually stayed in that suite..

Host Dan

Carol,

The only possible problem I can see with that suite isn't the elevators themselves, but people exiting them and talking, sometimes loudly late at night.

(Has your luggage arrived yet from Rome?)

Denyse

Carol,

I have not been berthed in subject suite. However, on my first Seabourn cruise in 2002, I was berthed for19 nights in suite 118 where the headboard of my bed abutted the aft wall of the forward starboard stairwell. There was also an elevator there but the elevator abutted the aft wall (bed headboard side) of the suite on the forward wall of the forward stairwell. My main concern with my cabin assignment at the time, not knowing the true caliber of Seabourn passengers, was alcohol impaired pasengers carrening off the stairwell walls during the wee hours of the morning as they made their way "home" after a grand night out on our Legendary Lady. During that cruise, none of that happened nor could I hear any loud talk from passengers entering or leaving the elevator as well.

Host Dan was my neighbor directly accross the hall in 119 on that cruise. His suite bed headboard wall abutted a stewardess work station directly across from the forward stairwell. I don't recall Host Dan complaining about any racket in that work station. Host Dan is this correct?

My recollection of your assigned suite is that the elevator is located closer to the bathroom rather than the headboard of your bed so the sound should not be bad at all. Also, the floor is carpeted around the elevator there on Deck 4 so you will not hear the clip-clop of footsteps on the marble flooring around the elevator from the reception area if you were berthed in suite 235 up on Deck 5. I think you and hubby will be just fine for your 20 nights in suite 137 IMHO. :)

Well CeeJay, our GTY was just assigned for our July Legend cruise. Its 216, right next to the stairway and elevator!! I'll post first hand what its like!!!!

(LOVE the assignment!) :)

Host Dan

Host Dan

We were in 217 on the Transatlantic crossing - eastbound - last year and it was a great location. I know you will have a fabulous time! But then there really is no bad place as long as you are on Seabourn :) We will look forward to your posts while you are onboard.

Archived