Recommend Sitka Shore Excursion

We took the Captains Choice Wildlife Quest & Beach Walk in Sitka and highly recommend it. Our Captain, Steve, and expert guide, Kaili (I hope I spelled her name right), were wonderful. It was only their 2nd cruise on a brand new boat, which Steve helped build. They are year-round residents of Sitka and really know the area. They provide binoculars and good snacks. There were only 11 people on our excursion but its a good one and I highly recommend it. We saw lots of birds, whales, and sea otters. We had a private beach to walk on and were allowed to take rocks and driftwood as souveniers. Its a good excursion. Fairly expensive, but worth the expense.

:cool:

Could you please give more details on the boat. How large is it? How many passengers can it hold? What is the cost of the tour compared to and how much time are you on board compared to the shipboard excursion? What you posted sounds interesting, but we need more details to compare this to the other ship tours offered.

;)

Sorry. The vessel probably seats about 20 comfortably, 30 if 3 to a seat. Its totally enclosed, with full windows, and you are encouraged to move about within the enclosed area and outside on deck. We spent 2 1/2 to 3 hours out with about an hour on the beach exploring tidepools and (our favorite) collecting rocks & driftwood. They even made a short expedition into the woods to see the fauna & flora.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you may have.

Archived