QE2 after Spring 2006 Refit

Transatlantic Tom

I'd appreciate an update from anyone who has been aboard QE2 in the last few weeks with regard to what was been done to her during the recent refit in Germany. Either things that you've personally seen and experienced OR things that you've heard about through the grapevine.

Tom

I'd appreciate an update from anyone who has been aboard QE2 in the last few weeks with regard to what was been done to her during the recent refit in Germany. Either things that you've personally seen and experienced OR things that you've heard about through the grapevine.

Tom

Oh Tom .... where do I BEGIN!!!!! - I know, just read this thread!!! Hope they have dispensed with the buckets by now!!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=344545

Cheers

Ken

Ken:

Thanks.

It continues to look like you're going to have to tolerate QE2's existence for at least a few more years...

Tom:)

PS My inaugural QM2 voyage is coming up in September; I will have that drink in the Commodore Club, even if it has to be without you this time, but I'll look for you next time !!!

Ken:

Thanks.

It continues to look like you're going to have to tolerate QE2's existence for at least a few more years...

Tom:)

PS My inaugural QM2 voyage is coming up in September; I will have that drink in the Commodore Club, even if it has to be without you this time, but I'll look for you next time !!!

Well that's OK Tom - there's more Cunard choice coming up soon so I don't have to moan so much as long as I don't have to go on the old girl again!!!

I'm still looking forward to that drink as long as you can drag yourself away from said old girl!!! I'm sure you are going to enjoy the Commodore Club - you feel like you are on a real liner!!!!

best wishes

Ken

I'm still looking forward to that drink as long as you can drag yourself away from said old girl!!!

best wishes

Ken

Ken:

I'm still planning on it too, somewhere in Mid-Atlantic as QM2 races between NY and Southampton...ideally in rough seas !!

Tom

Hope they have dispensed with the buckets by now!!!

Not all of them; There's still a few catching drips!

The most noticeable change is to the air conditioning: It sometimes works, sometimes doesn't; we had to set our cabin temperature to minimum, except on one day when it was still freezing on maximum; we has a table in the window for dinner, some evenings we couldn't see out because of the condensation; some evenings the Crystal Bar it was cool by the windows, others too hot.

One good thing that has changed it that the nylon gauze they had over the a/c ducts in the cabins has gone. I assume that this was there to prevent the a/c blowing soot - it didn't work. Now there's no gauze and no soot either:)

The most noticeable change is to the air conditioning:

I thought this was "fixed" in the 2004 refit, actually!

I did not notice any problems this past January, but the gauze was still there (and the soot of course).

I have seen soot problems aboard many ships, in fact almost all except the newest ones that have fancy filters in their funnels that keep them from blowing out nasty stuff to begin with.

I thought this was "fixed" in the 2004 refit, actually!

I did not notice any problems this past January, but the gauze was still there (and the soot of course).

I think that they've had many attempts at filing the a/c, all unsuccessful:( Lets hope that this latest fix actually works.

We had problems in December - the gauze was there but we still got soot on the bed. (The purser's office expressed great surprise at the soot and said that it couldn't possibly be the a/c!)

Archived