Cabin Upgrade Question....

HandHandB

:confused: Can anyone help??? We booked el-cheapo cabin on the Costa Fortuna for June. Sunquest is now offering MUCH cheaper rates but WON'T upgrade for those who booked at full price.

It appears that there are lots of bigger cabins still availble for the dates we have booked. Does anyone know whether or not Costa will do upgrades once we arrive on the ship? I have called Costa to enquire but was told that I had to deal with Sunquest.

We don't "expect" a free upgrade but wondered if this could be done upon boarding for a reasonable fee?

Samething happened to us on The Magica March 4 2006. We booked one year in advance under the kids sail free promo. About 2 months before sailing the same veranda cabin was about $700usd cheaper without the kids sail free. I had booked with Costa direct and called and they said nothing could be done. If I was to cancel and rebook I would be hit with a $900usd penalty and this was for a 4 time Costa pasenger. I gave Costa a big ZERO for Cust Relations. I learned my lesson. Next time I will book 1 month ahead of time and look at all the internet Cruise sites and book the best deal. Anyways so much for Costa loves past passengers!

unfortunetly it is very very common across all cruise lines to drop prices as the cruise sail date nears, this is obveously to fill up the ship. waiting is when you get your best deals. but if you want to plan and to secure a cabin, you'll have to book early and pay the premium. i've read all over the carnival forum (owns costa) of plenty of people who try to cancel and rebook or get an upgrade or get on board credit because their cabin cost went down, all unsucessful. it would be nice but thats life! on the other hand be thankful that if you get a good deal and the price goes up in a week they dont make you pay the higher price :)

:confused: Can anyone help??? We booked el-cheapo cabin on the Costa Fortuna for June. Sunquest is now offering MUCH cheaper rates but WON'T upgrade for those who booked at full price.

It appears that there are lots of bigger cabins still availble for the dates we have booked. Does anyone know whether or not Costa will do upgrades once we arrive on the ship? I have called Costa to enquire but was told that I had to deal with Sunquest.

We don't "expect" a free upgrade but wondered if this could be done upon boarding for a reasonable fee?

Hey HandHandB, Is that name the same as a 2-handed backhand in tennis? Your situation was similiar to mine on the 3/5 Magica. After we had booked & paid they started an upgrade promotion: inside to oceanview and oceanview to veranda. We called Costa to ask for an upgrade and they referred us back to our internet agency. Although our original inside cabin was $100PP lower than the promotional rate, our agent wanted $200PP to upgrade us to an Oceanview (we declined). We were also wondering if we could pay extra after we were aboard the ship for a better cabin; however, they had a sign posted saying the ship was FULL and there were NO extra cabins. From what I can see, the cruise lines do whatever necessary to fill the ships the last month or two before sailing. These last-minute deals are specifically for new bookings. We can always ask for upgrades or onboard credit, but I'm afraid there won't be any forthcoming. I booked our 3/5 cruise about 6 weeks in advance and I just booked our 6/11 cruise (Carnival Destiny/Southern Caribbean) just 18 days in advance. This last-minute price-stategy nearly backfired, as there were only 2 cabins left. The $499PP Inside cabins were sold out and we booked 1 of the last 2 Oceanview cabins for $599PP. I really would have been in a jam if the ship was sold out because I had already booked our airfare to San Juan (FREE/frequent flyer miles). The moral to the story is that people on flights and cruises pay a wide range of fare rates, that is just the way the travel business is conducted. The main point is that we want to be the ones going aboard and not the land-lubbers waving goodbye. Have a great cruise!

Archived