Why don't we stay overnight in Maui?

JKen2

We are cruising on the Pride Of Hawaii on September 25. We knew before we booked the cruise that it didn't stay over night in Maui. After looking over the shore excursions the Sunrise Volcano bike tour looks like a great time, but it leaves at 3:00AM and we'll be at sea making our way to the other side of Maui. I suppose if we want to do the tour bad enough we could stay over night in a hotel in Maui. Does anyone know why the ship doesn't stay over night in Kahului?

Jay

I don't know how fixed your dates are, but we're leaving out of Honolulu on the 18th of September on the POH, and we have an overnight in Maui and Kuaui.

Initially, I looked at booking the POAloha that left out of Maui, thinking it'd give us a lot of time in Maui given that the trip left and returned to Maui, but then realized with the uncertainty of airport arrival and departure, that the time in Maui would be more limited after all. So, we booked the POH leaving out of Honoulu and ran into the same dillema with Honolulu, so we booked a two night post in Honolulu through NCL to be sure we had enough time there to do what we wanted to do.

Good luck.

Archived