Waitlist Question?

dtvacruiser

Anyone ever been waitlisted for Alaskan cruise 21 days out and still get a cabin? We are #2 waitlist on Dawn Princess inside passage on June 17th. About to go nuts waiting. I call every day and have not moved up.

Is there any hope for this?

Anyone ever been waitlisted for Alaskan cruise 21 days out and still get a cabin? We are #2 waitlist on Dawn Princess inside passage on June 17th. About to go nuts waiting. I call every day and have not moved up.

Is there any hope for this?

I have never been waitlisted....

but,

things do happen all the time and folks do not get to sail as scheduled.

As the sail date gets closer, things will unfortunately (for them) occur and will prevent them from sailing.

Being #2, I would say that you have a decent shot at sailing.

The person in the #1 slot may decline the cabin if they are called. :D

Hope it works out for you.

Once you get to 7 days out, you probably won't be sailing. Homeland Security rules state that cruise lines must submit full passenger manifests at least 72 hours before sailing.

Since you're now in the maximum penalty phase for cruise refunds, unless it's an extreme emergency, people don't cancel. Don't get your hopes up too much so you're not disappointed. Ships are sailing completely full. BTW, hope it won't break the budget to get last minute flights. Anything less than 30 days out is horribly expensive.

Hang in there ! :)

I would think by now, final payments are in, they know who cancelled and who didn't... who made their final payment and who didn't. If you are going to hear I would think it should be soon.....

We never have been waitlisted.... and never will. ;) I would not accept it. I put in my reservation... put me on the ship. If they cannot, lets talk about a different date. :) But I can understand that may not be an option for all people. Vacations may have to be taken in a narrow window... .so that constrains things. :(

Archived