Snorkeling Question with Cosol

cruiseequalsfun

Hi. On Cosol's website it states they take you to a beach at the end of the trip and you can snorkel. Does anyone know if Cosol provides the snorel equipment?? If not, is there any to rent and what is the cost? Or should you bring your own?

Is there a lot to see at the snorkel / beach site?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I toured with Cosol this past March and snorkeling was the activity I was most looking forward to. He was awesome because he let us dictate what we wanted to do. The beach that he took us to was located adjacent to a very exclusive and difficult to get to resort. The snorkeling was fabulous!!! As the beach was at this 4 star resort, there were many facilities available to us. Everything from snorkel/scuba equipment to restaurant/bar, bathrooms and even a SPA. The beach is relatively small and because of the exclusivity and location of the resort, very uncrowded. Have fun and let Cosol know that snorkeling is VERY important to your tour so that he takes you to the best (which is this same) spot.

Hello

There is a stunning marine reserve at Le Sport / The Body Holiday resort. We got a taxi up there about $20 us each way- and bought a day pass - about $70 us each- this inclued all you can eat and drinks (both alcoholic and otherwise) as well as all snorkelling equipment, tube riding, kayaking, waterskiing- was a fantastic day. Suspect that this is hotel tour operator you are looking at uses. Getting an all in package is easier, but if you are on a budget you mught find it cheaper to do independently- they have a website www.thebodyholiday.com.

St. Lucia is beautiful, I wish you a fantastic time there!

The resort we went to was the Anse Chastnet Resort. http://www.ansechastanet.com/default2.html

There is a marine preserve right off the beach with fantastic snorkeling (no boat nessasary). As far as $, we paid Cosol $40 each and did not have to pay any additional $ to access the resort, reef or anything else (Colsol took care of everthing). As far as cocktails, Cosol provided us with Piton Beer and Rum Punch along the way. After snorkeling, we hung out on the beach for a while and purchased a rum punch from the bar ($4, I think).

Earlier this year we went to Ti Kaye Resort with Island Divers.

http://www.islanddiversstlucia.com/schedule.htm

Package prices about 2/3 of the way down the page.

For a day fee, $70pp, Island Divers will pick you up at the pier, supply all of your snorkeling equipment, provide a lunch (order off the menu in the restaurant), and take you back to the ship. If you have your own equipment the price is $60pp.

Some of the commercial snorkeling operations anchor their boats in the bay at Ti Kaye for their customers to snorkel there.

They also have a scuba diving package for divers and that's why we decided to try this resort. My wife could snorkel and I could dive. Six of us went to this resort, 3 snorkelers and 3 divers.

My wife liked this place so much that she wants to go again next year when we visit St. Lucia again in February. She got in 4 hours of snorkeling and took 182 photographs.

• 1 month later...

Archived