I Did It - Booked My Own Excursion

DukeFamily

Well, this will be a first for me- not booking through the cruise line. NativeWay is highly recommended here on the boards for their tour to Singray City in GC (for the same price as the tour thru RCI, NativeWay provides lunch and additional snorkeling at Rum Point (or Rum Beach, whatever it's called)). I can't wait! Anybody been on this particular tour? I'll be there June 29 - is anyone else booked on this tour??

Well, this will be a first for me- not booking through the cruise line. NativeWay is highly recommended here on the boards for their tour to Singray City in GC (for the same price as the tour thru RCI, NativeWay provides lunch and additional snorkeling at Rum Point (or Rum Beach, whatever it's called)). I can't wait! Anybody been on this particular tour? I'll be there June 29 - is anyone else booked on this tour??

I did this tour last December. They were great!!! I can't sing their praises loudly enough. It was my favorite excursion. I *always* book my own excursions. The reviews/comments/tips on this board have been invaluable. Have a great time!! I'm sure you will....... kiss a stingray for me.....:D

I did this tour last August 2005 and it was great.

1. There were only 3 families on the tour - 10 people and two guides. The personal attention to each guest was amazing. The kids were allowed to drive the boat, etc.

2. There was an a person on board to video the excursion with scuba tank so she was able to cover all of the under water events. Therefore we were all in the video constantly - it's time for my close up, Mr. Demille.

3. At the stingray sandbar we could see the other tours - some were the size of cruise ships packed with people - not so personal.

4. Male stingrays are very difficult to find and catch - our guide caught one and brought it to us. All the other tour operators came over to borrow it next.

5. Rum point is breath taking and very difficult (time) to get to by land but very quick by boat.

6. Tour operators are very aware of ship times and will get you back on time - cruise pax are their main business

I *always* book my own excursions. The reviews/comments/tips on this board have been invaluable. :D

You are probably a good person to ask this question:

In George Town, is it possible to see the Butterfly Gardens, The Turtle Farm and Stingray City on your own? We're not interested in snorkling, shopping, lying on the beach or drinking but would really like to swing through all these places. Would there be tours available at the pier? Should we rent a car or might there be some kind of transit system? What about a taxi tour ($$$)? I'd appreciate hearing what you think.

Annette

Archived