Belize Cave Tubing question

timmy1958

OK, I hear....bats in the caves. Cold water (we go in oct) and lil fishies that like to bite!!!!!!!. I went to cavetubing.com and it is just my hubby and I. Will they get a group together? I hear cruise shore excursion is more expensive...:confused:

we booked with cavetubing.com w/ reggie. it had rained alot and the ship said all cave tubing was cancelled, so we didn't hurry to get to our meeting place. when we did come by it they had waited on us. they didn't cancel, the ship only has so many guides per person and reggie has MORE guides per person and could still safely go through the caves. we missed out. they were very nice to us even though we held up the group and didn't show. so we went to a beach area and tour w/ them and it was great.

We cave tubed in November of last year. Can't remember the company name but e-mail was cavetubing@yahoo.com. Guide was Charlie. We had six in our group from 10 years old to 68 years old. Don't recall the bugs being bad. Water was a little high but never felt worried. Walk was fine, but you definetly want old tennies or water shoes, no flip-flops. If you need glasses (sun/regular) be certain they have a strap. DH managed to lose his when the tube went upside down with him still in it! Had a great time on this excursion. Think the cost was $45 or so which included a great lunch - and yeah it could have been iguana but it tasted like chicken!

We went in April with cavetubing.com as well. They were great. There was a little confusion at the begining but all was worked out. The one thing I would suggest is to bring your own head light. The ones they gave us to use were very dim.

If you don't have water shoes you can rent them there. They also have waterproof bags for rent in case you want to take something valuable or not leave it in the van. Since the three of us smoke we put our cigarettes and lighter in the bag. Never got wet and it ended up in the water a couple of times.

No matter who you go with make sure you eat at the cave site. The food is AWSOME.

Hi,

Nice pictures of Roaton. Did u took them while u was on your cruise? I did my cave tubing tour while I was in Belize Feb. of this year. We had book with belize shorex.com, excellent service. I think all tour operater in Belize prices are the same for cave tubing $45.00 per person. All u need is to see which one will give u good service for your money.

We book with belize shorex.com, because we was able to chat with them one on one, on there website. We got all our info. before we got there in Belize and also they operate from inside the Tourism Village.

Enjoy your cruise we did:)

Need the info on cave tubing in Belize? I want to hear from anyone who has done it. If they liked it or not. Do we need to get bug repellant? This is going to be a great trip...so excited! Miracle 10/1:) :) :) Any info is so appreciated..Thanks!:rolleyes:

We just returned from "cavetubing and ziplining with Nacho and Cynthia" - read my review titled the same on this port of call board and any questions just ask me.

Hi Nikita

We'll be in Belize in November and are considering the Cave Tubing, it sounds like fun...but in the shore excursion description from the cruise line it states that this would not be a good choice for anyone who is claustraphobic! How small of an area do you have to tube through?? If they are just saying that because you're in a cave and it's dark, no problem, but if I have to wiggle through small tunnels, etc it could be an issue *L I would appreciate any insight anyone has on this.

Thanks

Robin

Hi Nikita

How small of an area do you have to tube through?? If they are just saying that because you're in a cave and it's dark, no problem, but if I have to wiggle through small tunnels, etc it could be an issue

Thanks

Robin

It is a cave -- and gloomy -- not hardly dark! I have a friend who is clastrophobic (so much so that she couldn't even snorkel with us because the mask made her nuts) and she didn't have a problem. The ceiling of the cave system is well beyond touching - even when we stood to walk through shallow areas.

Hi Robin - I am not claustrophobic but I don't think you will have a problem. The caves are huge inside. There are areas where you might float into that are lower then others but still open all around - I was impressed with the size of these caves. It was quite an experience and I would recommend it. The waters were very high when we were there since it had rained the previous 3 days and some of the caves were inaccessible due to this - so I think usually the water is lower and you would even have more room. Also I was afraid that the water would be too cold - and yes, it was cold when we first stepped in but really only your butt and legs are in it and then your arms when you paddle. If i can do it anyone can because DD and I absolutely HATE cold water. Hope this helps.

Going cave tubing!!! My DD & I have the mini snorkel suits so we won't be cold. I imagine it is too hot to walk the trail in one. Assuming there is time to put it on when you get to the river?? What have others done?

I've never heard of anyone using a wet suit to go cave tubing but if you think you will be more comfortable you should do it. Yes, i think it would be too hot to wear them on the hike - how long does it take to put them on? Where we went we had to first cross the river then hike on the other side so you would have to put them on and then take them off and then put them on again - would it be worth it? When we crossed the river we had to actually get in our tubes, hook up with each other, and paddle across because the water level was high. I think most of the time they have you walk accross but don't know how deep it would be. Anyways - you will have a great time!

OK, I hear....bats in the caves. Cold water (we go in oct) and lil fishies that like to bite!!!!!!!. I went to cavetubing.com and it is just my hubby and I. Will they get a group together? I hear cruise shore excursion is more expensive...:confused:

We booked with cave tubing as well. Yhony sent me an email stating that he would give it to us for $45 a person (we're three people) even though that's supposed to be the rate for 5 or more. I do not think that rate covers lunch. That's $5 extra per person - works for me. He just said to get there as early as possible and I could tell my "friends". Too bad you're not on the same cruise as we are. We aren't sailing till Mar. 11th.

Kim

Need the info on cave tubing in Belize? I want to hear from anyone who has done it. If they liked it or not. Do we need to get bug repellant? This is going to be a great trip...so excited! Miracle 10/1:) :) :) Any info is so appreciated..Thanks!:rolleyes:
I was yelling your name because I'm trying to get you to join us on the Miracle 10-1-06 roll call......we have a good group of CC ers' about 15 or so resulting in about 40 good people. We have a site dedicated to this Miracle cruise(the link in my signature).....you need to be there! Come on over..........I always follow you to other threads but I'm a day or so later and it seems you never go back........Craig

Archived