Do Hotels have A/C ?

Poohb

By the way the temps have been, I was curious; I know it's a modern convenience but I believe the temps are above normal so hopefully this isn't a really bizarre question.

Poohb, Just three weks ago I was at all those hotels, they all have air conditioning. Sophies Station was the best room we have all trip, but we had a suite. Some of our traveling companions had mantioned that the air in some of their rooms did'nt work as well.

Poohb, Three weeks ago we were at all those hotels. They all have air conditioning. At Sophies Station we had the best room we had all trip, but we were in a suite. Some of our traveling companions did mentions that the air in some of their rooms was not that great. Are you doing tour #15?

Poohb, Just three weeks ago we were at all those Hotels. They all have Air-conditioning. The best room we had all trip was at Sophies Station, but we had a suite there. Some of our traviling companions did mention that the air did not work as well in their rooms. Are you doing tour #15?

this doesn't apply to any of the hotels you are staying at, but this info. might help others who read this post.

I just returned from Alaska and stayed at the Princess hotels located in Fairbanks, Kenai, Denali and Mt. McKinley. Only the Fairbanks Princess hotel had a/c. But, despite the high temperatures posted at these locations during our stay (high 70s/low 80s), the room temperature was still comfortable if the windows were left open and the ceiling fan turned on. (The Princess Denali Lodge does not even have fans). . . Plus, it still cooled down into the low 60s once the sun finally went down.

The only caveat being that we used ear plugs to drown out some of the outside noise that came in through the open windows

>>What are the prospects of it clearing up by Saturday night?<<

ZERO is a good estimates of the odds - the weather forecast looks very bad in forest-fire terms. I'm leaving on a 12-day bus trip tomorrow (I'm the driver/guide) that will take us through Fairbanks and many other very smokey places. As with a lot of other things related to Northern living, it just is what it is - have fun anyway!

Murray

We just stayed at the McKinley Lodge last week and it did NOT have a/c--nor fans. But it does have windows you can leave open. :D Hope they get the fires under control. We were blessed with beautiful weather.

Yukon is right, temps look to be holding threwout the week, and until we get some rain the fires will probebly keep burning. Summer in Alaska! It happens every summer but the smoke is worse today than I can remember in a long time, hopefully by Saturday it will clear at least a little. :)

You'll have fun in Fairbanks no matter what though! ;)

Archived