Conquest boarding question

Ok as a first time cruiser I wanted to know when you board the vessel where are you at? In otherwords do you board on deck ?? and enter thru the lobby or what?? I am confused about this? And how is it you board up a gang plank or what? Can someone help me with this? :confused:

On the Conquest, you go to the terminal and stand in line. When you are done you go and sit in chairs/floor and wait for the Carnival guy to ask you trivia and keep you mildly entertained/annoyed until he tells you to separate into two lines. Then you get your picture taken, or not, and walk up the gangway where you will enter the ship through the lobby/atrium. They tell you to go straight to the buffet or lido deck, but we try to go right to our rooms and see if they are ready. The higher up your room on the ship, the more likely it is to be ready!!!! Then you leave your room and find the nearest bar and order a stiff one. Now you are ready to set sail.

On the Conquest, you go to the terminal and stand in line. When you are done you go and sit in chairs/floor and wait for the Carnival guy to ask you trivia and keep you mildly entertained/annoyed until he tells you to separate into two lines.

It doen't always take that long. In December we got there around noon. The line to check in was very short. No need for sitting or trivia. :)

There is a walkway from the terminal to the ship. It is covered so if you are not aware of your surroundings, you won't realize you are at the ship until you are already on. I hope this helps. I remember my first time, and it was kind of scary thinking about trying to get on such a big ship.

Luanne

You have every right to be excited, and it shows through your post. I also didn;t mean any harm with the orginal poster. We all experience different things on cruises. Some are easier to take than others. It is all in the way you approch it.

Luanne

:) I didn't take any offense to the post. That's just the steps we've taken the past two years in the Galv. terminal. The goofy jokes were even the same. I didn't mean to imply that it was a long wait. We were on the ship withing 45mins each year. We just get in line really early to there is no bypassing the chairs or lame trivia.

D

Stephie - One thing you should know, is that you are not allowed to take pictures in the boarding terminal! I was about to take some of members of our group last year after we got through signing in and about to go towards boarding area and was immediately stopped (nicely). Instantly, the terrorism issue hit my brian and I thought - Duh!

(On the Rhapsody last year, don't know if the same for Conquest )There is a photographer there to take your pictures in front of a photgraphic backdrop of an image of the ship. As for all pictures they take - You are under no obligation to buy them. You can review the prints later in the photo shop area and if you like them, you can buy them. By the end of the cruise, you may get tired of them trying to take pictures of you.

Archived