QV world cruise itin? anybody?

highcbob

Thanks Peter, leave it to you to have the info.

I called Cunard and a gal told me QV was not doing a 2008 world cruise ( ho-hum ). When I insisted it did, she found it but "the itinerary has not been released yet" ... yep, sure it hasn't Cunard, anything you say. :(

Peter, this is about a week longer than I can take off work, is there a shorter Panama itin into Los Angeles prior to the trans-Pacifice voyage?

thanks again.

Bob,

Not in the UK brochure - but might very well be in the US one - to give you some idea:

• New York - 13 Jan
  • Fort Lauderdale - 16 Jan
  • Aruba - 19 Jan
  • Panama - 21 Jan
  • Costa Rica - 23 Jan
  • Acapulco - 26 Jan
  • Mazzanillo Mexico - 27 Jan
  • LA - 30 Jan

So there might well be a 2 week Fort Lauderdale to LA - but I guess they'll want to fill longer segments first.

Peter

Bob,

Not in the UK brochure - but might very well be in the US one - to give you some idea:

• New York - 13 Jan
  • Fort Lauderdale - 16 Jan
  • Aruba - 19 Jan
  • Panama - 21 Jan
  • Costa Rica - 23 Jan
  • Acapulco - 26 Jan
  • Mazzanillo Mexico - 27 Jan
  • LA - 30 Jan

So there might well be a 2 week Fort Lauderdale to LA - but I guess they'll want to fill longer segments first.

Peter

Merci Pierre! now that one looks sailable...

Peter,

Does the UK brochure contain information on the QE2 Pacific voyage sailing during this same time period?

In particular, we would be very interested in the return eastbound transatlantic from NYC to Southampton, which should depart New York April 12 or 13 2008. This would allow us a few days in the UK to visit family and friends before returning on the April 22 QM2 westbound TA.

I spoke with a Cunard agent who didn't have a clue about these sailings, but mentioned that the information should be posted on the internet June 5.

Alan

Peter,

Thanks for confirming this date!

I wonder how Cunard is going to play with the QM2's schedule, as she is set to sail her first transatlantic of 2008 from New York April 16. However, She is also scheduled to return passengers to NYC from QV's world voyage ending in Southampton April 22.

A day in Paris?

A one night charter cruise?

Or perhaps, a 7 day TA crossing (to help people get used to the QV method)

I'm sure that Cunard will want all three ships in Southampton for this event, assuming that QV makes it home on time.

Alan

Archived