platinum vs. gold world club

atticus

What is the difference between the two? Any difference in the perks - priority check-in or champagne instead of sparkling wine?

I never received any pins as a WC member, but when I contacted Cunard the woman I spoke with said she would send out my platinum pin and I could pick up my gold pin on the ship.

OK. I found my answer on Cunard's site, but don't I have to have 7 completed cruises under my belt or have the rules changed?

Maybe their world club policy is somewhat loose (like how many bottles of sparkling wine end up in a cabin).

OK. I found my answer on Cunard's site, but don't I have to have 7 completed cruises under my belt or have the rules changed?

Yes, but there seem to have been a few trenches promotions.......are you complaining?;)

Peter

What is the difference between the two? Any difference in the perks - priority check-in or champagne instead of sparkling wine?

I never received any pins as a WC member, but when I contacted Cunard the woman I spoke with said she would send out my platinum pin and I could pick up my gold pin on the ship.

Cunard WC (interesting abbreviation) is, like so much of the operation in California, in disarray. It took about six calls to them before they finally got my requests sorted out, one of which was to get a WC card for embarkation purposes. I have a platinum card and had priority embarkation in Southampton and New York, a private cocktail party with Captain Wright on Queen Mary 2 last April and a similar party with Captain Bolton on Caronia in the Med. I got a hefty big discount, too, on the full QE2 world cruise coming up.

Happy Sailing.

This is a rather trivial question, but are the cruise cards different colours depending upon your "WC" status. I will have gold status starting on the first leg of my next cruise. Thanks.

I can't tell you, because I've got a card that's so old, it doens't even have the right number on it! (that one happens to be gold, which I am- my next cruise makes me platinum) I don't rightly think it matters!

Karie,

Who is pure Beryllium!

What is the difference between the two?

The big difference is that you get priority check-in with Platinum (If you're in either Mauritania of Caronia, it doesn't make any difference it the Grills). This means that you can go straight past the long queue of people waiting to check in and then you get called onto the ship first, rather than having to wait in turn.

The other benefit is that you get to attend a cocktail party with one of the senior officers! Not a wonderful benefit, but at least it saves you buying a pre-dinner drink that day.

The biggest difference is when the marketing and revenue departments get together and offer the top tiered Platinum members (typically the top 2%)

fabulous deals no other members can get.

It doesn't happen frequently but when they do... WOW.. what a difference!

The top tiered Platinum members (typically the top 2%)

Do you mean that Platinum members are 2% of the passengers on each voyage? Aren't there more people than that have sailed at least nine times?:confused:

Archived