When did the Glory western itinerary change?

lxh11

I believe it was partly due to issues with docking in Key West, and partly due to Cozumel being one of the original ports of call for this itinerary. Now that it is sufficiently recovered from last year's hurricanes, Cozumel was added back in. I believe the first cruise with the new itinerary was May 20th.

So, if you decide you don't like the new itinerary you just have to suck it up?

Oh Lord......:rolleyes:

You haven't read your cruise contract have you?

I didn't ask for any sarcasm livtojump. Are you always so quick to jump in with a negative remark.

Actually I do read my cruise docs, and I used to work in the cruise industry. I am just surprised that this is a purely marketing decision and I was NOT advised of this by my travel agent, although being such a recent change it would have been too late to change my plans.

Hi,

I was wondering when you booked this cruise? When we booked ours we had Key West and Belize and Cozumel. Then a few months later it changed to Key West and Belize and Costa Maya, then it was changed to Belize Cozumel, Costa Maya and Nassau. Now we are going to Belize cozumel, costa Maya and Freeport. We don't leave till Nov. So who knows by then where we will be going.

I'm just glad we are back on with Cozumel this is why we booked this cruise.....We will see.

Carla

We booked in January, primarily based on the itinerary. The itinerary back then was Key West, Belize & Costa Maya - none of which we had visited before.

I realize that sometimes itineraries change, primarily due to weather - just never knew they changed these things just because "they" think it's a good idea. Perhaps they should ask the customer what criteria they use for booking a particular cruise.

Before you know it, we will all just arrive at the port to embark on a mystery cruise - take what you get sort of thing!

I didn't ask for any sarcasm livtojump. Are you always so quick to jump in with a negative remark.

Actually I do read my cruise docs, and I used to work in the cruise industry. I am just surprised that this is a purely marketing decision and I was NOT advised of this by my travel agent, although being such a recent change it would have been too late to change my plans.

In what way was that negative?

So if you do read your cruise docs AND you used to work in the cruise industry this should not surprise you in the least bit - you of all people should know that your are not guaranteed any ports and the cruise line can change them at any time. Your TA has your money so if they are like most, why should they care.

About the same time they made the change there was an article I read that said Carnival had just settled a law suit with Cozumel over port fees owed. Part of the agreement was that Carnival would put more ships in Cozumel during the slow summer season. Coincidence???????

I think I read that article somewhere on CC.

Dan

I just got my cruise docs yesterday and I see we are now visiting Nassau & Cozumel and losing a day at sea.

Does anyone know why?

I wish we had the EXTRA sea day too... I will solve that by staying on the ship on one of the port days... we have already been to them all anyway...

lxh11 - we just received our docs also... are you on the July 1st sailing by chance?

If so.. join our ROLL CALL!!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=245348

Tom

Yes, some jump right in and start bashing. Or just even a "smarmy" comment. :(

I'm surprised they changed the itinerary and you weren't notified.

The marketing dept. at Carnival told me this morning that it was done to "enhance my experience". Pity they didn't have the courtesy to tell me prior to me enhancing their coffers with my final payment!

Carnival has promised to get back to me with an explanation.

The marketing dept. at Carnival told me this morning that it was done to "enhance my experience". Pity they didn't have the courtesy to tell me prior to me enhancing their coffers with my final payment!

Carnival has promised to get back to me with an explanation.

I would not hold my breath on that one... they have changed a few of my cruises, and for this one, I was one of the last (though before you) to know. I read about it on here WEEKS before CCL sent me an updated (TO ENHANCE MY EXPERIENCE) guest confirmation.

alas.... only ONE MONTH to go at any rate ... :)

Tom

Was on the 5/20 Cruise with the new itinerary and was told there was two reasons for the change.

Carnival asked Key West to provide more transport at the Naval Base to relieve backup and they refused.

Cozumel requested the change to help them with more revenue to help rebuild after the Hurricane. The sweetener was the Pier - no tender.

I booked our 6/17 Glory cruise through Carnival. I got an e-mail from them the day the change was made. Others posted that their travel agents contacted them - have you checked with yours? Seems to me it should have been their responsibility to let you know.

I'm happy with the change - wouldn't have gotten off the ship in Key West and I love love love Cozumel... :D

Just got back Saturday from the first cruise with the new itinerary. It was great! Cozumel is very nice, has excellent shopping and nice beaches. You need to plan a tour in Belize because there is nothing to see in the city (don't take the city tour). Costa Maya is near a small, but interesting, fishing village. The area at the pier is also very nice. We did a Mayan ruins tour through www.chachobbenruins.com and it was wonderful! Nassau is always a nice stop for 1/2 day.

If you really don't like the change, I'm sure they would transfer you to one you like. Good luck!

We were on the Glory a year ago April with the orginal itinerary of four ports including Progresso. We loved the four ports and basically the reason why we chose that cruise. I for one, am seriously thinking about the Glory again next March because of the change back to four ports. Sorry to hear that you were not aware of the change. There were several posts a couple of weeks ago discussing the port change. I know some are disappointed about the loss of a day at sea but if that is the case, I would recommend just staying on the ship while in Nassau.

Have a great trip! Enjoy! We loved the Glory!

We were on the Glory a year ago April with the orginal itinerary of four ports including Progresso. We loved the four ports and basically the reason why we chose that cruise. I for one, am seriously thinking about the Glory again next March because of the change back to four ports. Sorry to hear that you were not aware of the change. There were several posts a couple of weeks ago discussing the port change. I know some are disappointed about the loss of a day at sea but if that is the case, I would recommend just staying on the ship while in Nassau.

Have a great trip! Enjoy! We loved the Glory!

I agree. It is easy to turn a port day into an extra (almost have the ship to yourself) day at sea. Turning an extra at sea day into a port day is a bit more problematic. ;)

As it says in the contract, they can change just about anything for just about any reason. This is part of the cruise experience. They don't do it to tick off the passengers; there are valid reasons having nothing to do with the passengers disappointment.

One should never book a cruise based on the ports of call anyway. Of course, it is lovely when it all works but if you are going to cruise you must be able to accept possible changes.

So ease up, don't worry and have a GREAT time!

Archived