Roatan Canopy and Beach Excursion

VCgal

I posted this question on the Ports of Call forum, but got no responses (lots of looks, but no answers) so I'm trying here. We are going on the Valor in July and have booked the zip line and Tabyana beach excursioin through Carnival. Is there anywhere to keep items (like beach towels) while you're doing the zip line or do you have to bring everything with you? Obviously, if we have to carry everything, we need to pack lightly for the beach - but if there is somewhere to keep things (not valuables of course), if sure would be nice!

Thanks in advance! This is our first cruise, but reading these boards has been a HUGE help - especiallyfor an ultra-planner like me!

I'm not sure how Carnival does it but we booked through a guy named Richard Bodden (please don't tell me saying his name advertising if it is I'm SO sorry!) and he's quite possibly the sweetest person you'll talk to. He said that we'll be able to keep our things in the locked van and they'll be safe while on the zip line :) Perhpas Carnival does the same? I'd keep all cash, passports, etc. on you though while zip-lining.

Don't forget to bring your OFF with I believe I read 100% DEET -- that's what I bought anyway :)

I'm not sure how Carnival does it but we booked through a guy named Richard Bodden (please don't tell me saying his name advertising if it is I'm SO sorry!) and he's quite possibly the sweetest person you'll talk to. He said that we'll be able to keep our things in the locked van and they'll be safe while on the zip line :) Perhpas Carnival does the same? I'd keep all cash, passports, etc. on you though while zip-lining.

Don't forget to bring your OFF with I believe I read 100% DEET -- that's what I bought anyway :)

You sure you don't mean VICTOR Bodden? We booked a tour with hi and were very happy with the results.

We had the driver, Henry, for the day. Victor called the Zip Line ahead of time and got us in line, which probably saved us an hour wait. The canopy ride is awesome, quite an athletic experience, and a lot more than just zip lines - it is a true airborne obstacel course.

Next, we went to the Iguana Farm, which has a $5 entry fee. Lots to see there and they have a marine area as well.

Next we went off to West End. Tabyana is where all the cruise ships and hotel-based tourists go, and can get really crowded. We went instead to a nearby Bohemian village with lots of shops, a nice beach, and not much crowd.

Highly recommend Victor Bodden!

HAHAHAHA

Yes, I mean VICTOR! Ugh. It all runs together!

He's been GREAT to work with so far. He's so incredibly sweet when I receive email replies back from him. In fact, I need to e-mail him today or early next week just to verify one last time :)

salty -- was Henry easy to find when you got off the ship? I don't think we have Victor driving us.

Archived