Golf Ball Collector

linesup

we're taking the wind in September for our honeymoon and the only thing I collect is golf balls. I would like to get one for each island we hit. The 10 day cruise goes to Hilo, Fanning, Kona, Lahaina, Nawiliwili and Honalulu. I am hopeing to find a complete set for the Islands the one I see having a hard time finding one on is Fanning. From what I understand it is a quiet island with mostly hand craftded items. The only thing I can think of to do at Fanning is to bring a ball and find a local to posibly paint something on it. Is this a possibility and are there any reconmondations as to where?

Is there anyone out there taking the September 1st cruise that is doing the Dunes excursion on Lahaina?

You will find them at Hilo Hatties I am pretty certain. If not, you shouldnt have trouble finding some because of the popularity of golfing on the islands. Of course, it is much more fun to actually golf each island! If you get a chance, my husband loves Poipu Bay course on Kauai.

For Fanning, I dont remember seeing any of the crafts people with paints actually making the crafts, but it isnt out of the question. I saw some people carving, but not any painting...you never know.

Sue

Thank you Suebee for the info. If I golfed every port my marrage would last about 10 days. It just meanes that we will have to go back again. thought of a possible solution to fanning. I should bring a sharpee with me and have a local write Fanning on it. Do you think it would work?

Perhaps....give it a try at home first so it doesnt look like a big blob on your ball! Good Luck!

And I hope you get to golf in at least one port...even I would give my husband that! Ha ha! Of course, he lets me go for a facial or massage every time he takes a golf trip while we are on vacation...hint hint!

Don't listen to a word he says!! :D He can play golf on every island if he wants as long as I can shop and hit the beaches!! He is the one that didn't want to leave me alone on our honeymoon.

Here's a thought for a golf ball from Fanning,

I don't know if it is possible, but when you get to the main part of Fanning, the local "police" set up a table for stamping the passports with the Fanning stamp. You might wave a $5 or so and see if they will roll the stamp on a ball. BTW, we got our passports stamped for $1 each. :)

Don't know what type of ink they use, so it may not set. Might want to take some sandpaper to the ball first to rough it up for the stamp and/or pen marker (sand past the gloss finish, might even flatten out a few dimples..). Also, it seems I've heard that hairspray will help set ink, so you may want to take a couple of ProV1s (lol), rough out a side, mark it, spray it, and after the hairspray dries, see if the ink sets..

That ought to keep you busy during the honeymoon..... :eek:

Oh....forgive me! :)

Glad to see where his priorities are (at least now)....wait til you have kids. Suddenly the early morning feedings become the alarm clock for getting to the course before the crowd! HA HA

Archived