Come Join The Valor Voyagers 6/12/05 Western Caribbean

Snowball

Where are all of the Valor Voyagers hiding? :rolleyes: I just found out from the t/a that we had a few more cabins booked recently. :D Don't be shy - join in the fun here on our roll call. Come out, come out, wherever you are. :p

There is only a little over a week left for our $25 initial deposit offer, so if you haven't booked this cruise yet make sure you do by next Friday, August 27th, or this ship will pass you by. Anyone joining our group after August 27th will have to pay the full $250 per person deposit. Why pay before you have to - book by next Friday and you'll have plenty of time to save. :)

Hi snowball and all. I am booked on the valor vampires but am considering switching to this cruise instead. can you give me some info > it is about 300 more pp so Im just checking it all out. Did the 3rd/4th pass rate ever go down? Also anyone with young ones? ANd temps then?? thanks sorry forall the ???

The 3rd & 4th rates haven't changed so far, but just like our other rates they are significantly lower than what Carnival is charging. I'm sure that you know the main reason that the rates are higher for this cruise is because it is during peak season, and there isn't really anything that we can do about that. But the $150 shipboard credit does help, plus I will be diligently watching out for any price drops. Plus cruising in June, you are much less likely to be affected by a hurricane (since it is right in the beginning of the season), then you would be by cruising in October.

My daughter will be going on this cruise with us - she will be 14 when we sail, and I think there may be a few other kids booked with our group. I'm hoping that by sailing in early June, there will be enough kids for those sailing with us to pal around with, but we won't be overrun with them like the late June through August cruises are known for.

Temps in the Caribbean really don't fluxuate all that much, so I don't think that would be a major factor. I've sailed in April and May, and have had beautiful weather with temps in the 80's.

I hope you decide to join us. Just think, if you switch to our group your countdown clock will be much lower than it is now. :)

Don't forget that our $25 initial deposit offer ends next Friday, August 27th, so if you want to be able to put down the low initial deposit you have to book by then. Feel free to post any other questions you may have and I'll do my best to answer them.

thanks for all the info, we have only been on one cruise so far ( glory in may) and loved it. We are also going on the fascination in Novmeber. I guess Im not used to those summer prices :) OUr glory cruise was free ( dh won a vacation package from work and I picked the cruise) and we got a steal on our fas. cruise only 230 pp with all taxes and port so I guess im spoiled. I do like the big new ships though. Well count us in Ill have to have them switch my depo./ Which person should I speak with at the travel agency? Is it the same place ?

Are you really switching??? That's so great!!! :D

I know what you mean about paying peak season prices - our first cruise was free too, so paying for the one after that was a shock, especially since we also had to pay airfare to San Juan! :eek: But I think you will be more than happy with your choice when you see how nice the brand new ships are.

To switch your reservation, you just need to call Kevin at the t/a - he is the same one handling the vampire group. Please make sure to post here and let us know when it's official, ok? We also have some info for this cruise listed on our group page, so feel free to check it out and post whatever you want there too. :)

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red]There is just one week left for the $25 deposit offer!!! Don't let this ship pass you by. Make sure you call next week to get in on this fantastic deal!!! :D[/color][/size][/font]

Hi Debbie,

I clicked on the link you sent above for us Valor Voyagers can speak but it would not open...maybe you can sent it again. Have you found the ones on this group have paid just the initial $25.00 per person or did many pay like me the $250.00 per person deposit as we need to pay the full $250.00 p/p by December? I know I am going so I didn't mind paying the entire deposit right up front, just curuious whether others did it my way or not.

I am hoping we can get at least 12 cabins booked on this as I would worry that some will back out.

Lynda

Lynda - I'm not sure which link didn't work for you, but this is the thread I was talking about where we do most of our "chatting". I figured it was better to chat here, and use our group boards for more specific information (ports, hotels, etc) that way the group boards wouldn't get too cluttered up and have the important info get lost.

I'm not sure how many people put down the $250 versus the $25 deposit - only the t/a would know that. The 5 cabins booked by my friends and family only put down the $25 when we booked, but next month we will be putting down the rest so we can pick our cabins and make sure they are all in a row (we booked balcony cabins and are going to have the balcony dividers opened up between our rooms). Right now I think we have 13 or 14 cabins booked, and as long as we end up with 8 or more we are guaranteed to receive the amenities, so I don't think we'll have a problem ending up with at least 8. We are still 10 months away from the cruise, and there is plenty of time left for others to join our group.

How many cabins did you book, and who is sailing with you? What cruises have you gone on before? I've done the Eastern, Southern, and Bahamas itinerary, so this is my first time doing the Western route. Are you flying into Miami a day ahead of time?

Snowball,

My daugher will be 13, maybe our girls will become friends on the cruise, my son will be 16, don't worry he's into his model airplanes and model speed cars still, and just got his permit so when he gets home from school he wants to drive me on my errands. LOL

I will be 42 in May and my boyfriend 42 in February. I am divorced, I was fortunate to just happen to meet up with a guy I really liked during Junior High and High School. He lives in New York still as he is trying to find work down here. He visits me every three weeks for as many days as he can get. Anyway we are a solid pair now and finally both of us are happy, we just belong together.

We love to meet people and having a nice time of course. It would be nice that our kids could get together, I am sure there will be others in our group.

NEWBIE2CRUISE,

Not sure how old your kids are but I assume from how you are talking that they are young. Generally I get a cabin for 4 of us, but the rates are so great here that it pays for us to get the kids their own cabin. My boyfriend and I can have our privacy, we will have two bathrooms and more space for all of us. I don't have joining cabins as my kids are teenagers, but you can try to get joining cabins. Now I get inside cabins as I have cruised so much that I don't care to have the window, I know what the water looks like! LOL Balconies are a waste for me as I don't want to sit in my cabin on a ship. What I am trying to say (boy am I wordy today) it only cost us $400.00 more for two cabins than what we would spend on a quad cabin and we have so much more, its worth the extra money. Also with the $150.00 shipboard credit it paid for itself.

I have searched for the best prices on this ship and thankfully I found this group as they are saving me money. If I didn't I am unsure whether I would have gone on RCI as their prices were the same as Carnival quoting me the Valor.....

If you have any other questions feel free to ask, we are all friends here. Lynda

[font=Arial][size=3][b]Here is the list of our group members that I compiled:[/b][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=3]Name----------------# of cabins----Dinner Seating[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]Snowball (Debbie)------5-----------Early[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]Nancy M. (Nancy)--------1-----------???[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]MFinn (Mary)--------------3-----------???[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]Yankeegirl (Deni)--------1-----------???[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]Lyndamr (Lynda)---------2-----------Early[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=3]We are still missing couple of cabins. :rolleyes: Come out, come out wherever you are – don’t be shy – post here let the rest of us know if you are booked with our group. :) Please let me know if any corrections need to be made to my list.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=3]Newbie2cruise and Heather307 – did you book with our group yet??? Make sure you book by this Friday so you don’t miss out on the $25 deposit. Post here and let me know when you are officially booked, ok?[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=3]Lynda - I'm sure our daughters will be fast friends. My daughter still keeps in touch with the friends she made on the Miracle.[/size][/font]

Debbie,

I have been crusing since a little girl lets see if I can remember hehehehehe

Oceanic, Doric, Atlantic, Monarch Sun, Southward, Skyward, Seaward, Volendam, Emerald Seas (3 times), Holiday, Jubilee, Nordic Empress, Majesty of the Seas (1992) Celebration (1993) Leeward (1996, 1997), Norway (1997), Ectasy (1998 twice), Imagination (MY FAVORITE) (1999), Norway (2000), Paradise (2001), Grand Princess (2002) no cruises after this divorce.....no money but I am back!!!! Now the Valor (2005)

I live in the Ft. Lauderdale in Tamarac/Coral Springs area. We booked two inside cabins could not afford two balconies :( :( I am going with my boyfriend and my children as I told you about daughter 13 and son 16.

I have done the Bermuda a long time ago LOL, been many many times to the eastern and western caribbean and the bahamas loads of times. I have not been on the southern caribbean itinerary as I always took my kids and they had school so it was always summer cruises when the southern caribbean cruises are not offered from Miami/Ft. Lauderdale. No sense for us flying somewhere to get to a ship as we live right in Florida. I have taken a cruise out of Tampa to New Orleans love New Orleans!! I really am tired of Cozumel but love Grand Cayman that is why I still choose western caribbean itinerary, and the Valor gives us the opportunity of going to two other different places that I never been before. I realize there isn't much on Belitz and Roatan, but at least I can say I been there. I am not crazy about the Bahamas because I have been there many times both on cruises and land, love the Atlantis and Nassau has some decent beaches. Paradise Island is my favorite to jump there when I dock in Nassau.

Eastern caribbean, well there are nice beaches in St. Thomas and St. Maarten with alot of different places to go and things to do.....done it. My boyfriend wants to go to Grand Cayman once he sees the Blow Holes and the Seven Mile Beach he will love it as I do. It is a very safe island at the Caymans no problem walking anywhere. Jamiaca, has things to do and see, but I don't like people coming up to me trying to sell me things....Ocho Rios not a great port the other side of the island such as Montego Bay/ Kingston that area is nicer, but most ships don't go there. If a ship left out of Miami/Ft. Lauderdale and docked there I would immediately choose that ship, but there is none so far at lest this time of year when we are going.

In Cozumel I love the shopping, kahula is so inexpensive love black and white russians. :) I also love to shop for onyx....always add to my pieces when I go to Cozumel. Great buy on the blankets there always can use them. One of my favorite stores is named Los Cincos Soles, but there are other places just cannot remember the names of them, they are off the pier area. I like to take a taxi to Los Cincos Soles and shop there and walk as much as I can towards the ship as you will have one shop after another so many....then when I get tired walking take a cab back, there are an abundant of shops there. ALWAYS NEGIOTATE PRICES IN COZUMEL. You will find an item that will cost 20. you can walk away with it for 8. depends upon the shop and all, but the smaller ones you can do that. The larger ones are more reasonable with their prices. Living in Florida and having some nice beaches the beaches there (been to Playa del Sol and San Francisco) are not much to talk about TO ME. Don't go that far out into the island as they are very limited to roads and need to get back to the ship in time. Jamaica is probably my favorite in taking a private taxi tour, it is pretty with all the foilage and mountains.

One word of caution if going on your own and not with a ship excursion always make sure you are back at least 1 1/4 hours before ship sails....always allow for traffic or car problems etc.

I said enough to you hugh?

Aha! So I guess that makes you our resident cruise expert. You may end up regretting telling us. :p This cruise will be my 5th, and I haven't done the same itinerary twice (at least not yet). I've found lots of information on things to do in Grand Cayman and Cozumel, but Roatan and Belize have been more of a challenge. I just plan on rounding up whatever info I can find, then having a meeting with my family and friends and let them know what's available at each port. Then we can decide if we want to try to do any group excursions, or if we all want to do our own thing. Most of them sailed with me on the Miracle this past May, and we had an absolutely great time and are really looking forward to sailing the Valor. :)

My daughter is going to be thrilled when she finds out that your 13 year old daughter is going to be sailing with us. She is afraid that there won't be enough kids on the ship, even though I explained to her that there will be even more on this cruise since we are sailing in June instead of May.
And thanks for the tip about Kahlua being cheap in Cozumel! I also love Kahlua drinks and will definitely be picking up a few bottles there! ;) Are the prices much cheaper than buying it on the ship? It was $12.95 on the Miracle.

Oh boy, Kahula went up that much in 3 years? The last cruise I took was eastern caribbean, so the last time i went to western caribbean was 3 years ago, it was 9.99 for the very large bottle that we would buy here. Was that price for the medium bottle or the very large one....medium bottle here costs around $24.00 and the very large one $34.00.....even though the kahula went up to 12.95 that still is half the price than what we pay here....I do recall the ship being about the same price as far as absolute I recall my last cruise it was $17.95 for 2 medium size bottles. Kahula I think might of been a bit higher on the ship but I purchase so much in Cozumel I didn't need to buy on the ship. If you email me at [email]lyndammr@yahoo.com[/email] I can tell you my secret, cannot here.

I told my daughter about yours it will be nice they will get together. I believe in June you will find more kids on the ships as many states started school earlier this year. My kids started on August 16th but they get out at the end of May next year. I also heard other states of kids going back the same time as mine did and even a week earlier! I think the northeastern states still go back after Labor Day but many states started school earlier this year.

I am like you researching Roatan and Belitz on the internet then coming up with a plan on what to do. I am finding that people telling me about bug problems in certain excursions such as the rainforest and tube caving. I cannot tube cave as that shore excursion has a 45 minute walking tour in a rainforest, I live with fibromyalgia and I won't act up the pains doing that. Besides I think one should stay away because of the bug problems there. I do not let fibro get to me I have a strong mind but it sure creates many other health problems, but the only time I am without total pain is after the second day cruising, go figure. Its not that my mind is occupied as I have taken outher vacations, something with being out in the sea....my neighbor up the street says the same thing, when she cruises she is pain free also. I need to live on a ship. LOL

My boyfriends brother is on the Miracle today, I told them to give me details when they get back.

I was curious, I found some recent carnival menu's posted on other sites, do you happen to know how frequent Carnival changes its menu? I noticed the same menu on the Glory and the Legend....I thought the menu's were different depending upon the ship and chef? Do you know anything about this?

I guess I will continue to research these other two ports, if you get any info on them please pass it to me and others and I will certainly do the same. I just can't wait for the Valor to come out and read everybody's review and see pictures!!

Lynda

Hi Everyone,
Sorry I have not been responding to any of the posts recently~My computer was in the shop. I am happy to have it back and able to post again. Looks like I have a few messages to read through though.

Snowball, my dinner seating right now is early but we are thinking about changing it to the later dining. We noticed on the Conquest with the early dining that we were always rushed to get to the dining room. We also had so much time between dinner and the shows that we missed so many of them because we would go back to our room to relax and then I usually was to tired to come back out and go to the show. Anyway, we are really thinking about changing to the later dinner for these reasons. I will let you know if we change it but for now it is the early dinner.

Hi Debbie! We have requested the late seating for dinner. I am not sure if that will be 8:00 or 8:30 p.m. I guess that depends on where our cabins are.

It's good to see others posting on our group thread!

I am still waiting to hear back again from the Fantasy Island Resort re: their amenities. I will report back on the Roatan thread as soon as I get the info.

We're thinking about booking this cruise (2 balconies), but have a couple of questions.
Can we book guaranteed rooms, or do we have to select rooms?
Also, you mentioned you are watching for price drops - if the price drops can we receive the lower rate?

This would be our first Carnival cruise, just came back from Alaska on NCL and also did Hawaii on NCL last summer. We love the Freestyle, but NCL isn't offering a Caribbean cruise that we would be interested in next summer. We would love trying a new ship that has had some time to work out the "kinks" as it seems will be the case with the Valor.

lhall - in order to be able to book with the minimum $25 deposit, you [b]must[/b] book as a guarantee. Once you put down the rest of the $250 deposit, you can then either pick your cabins or remain as a guarantee booking. If the price drops for this cruise before final payments are due, we are guaranteed to receive the lower price. If it occurs after final payment, the t/a has assured me that they will try their hardest to get the lower price for us, but ultimately that would be Carnival's decision as to whether to honor the lower price or not. I agree with you that it is better to book on a new ship a few months after its debut, in order to give the crew time to work out the kinks. I sailed on the Miracle in May, which was three months after she came out, and we had absolutely no problems.

I hope you decide to join us, and feel free to post any other questions you may have. Please post here and let me know if you are booked with us, ok?

Nancy - Welcome back! I'm glad to hear that your computer is back up & running - I was wondering where you were. Make sure you check out our group boards because we have been posting info on ports, hotels, etc. over there.

Hi everyone! I didnt get ahold of kevin on Fri, so i am switching to this cruise as of tomorrow morning. We will have 4 of us. in 2 cabins,myself both 29( he will be 30 next month tee hee) my friend and out son. he is 5 and starts school tomorrow. We went on the western carr. this may on the glory. We went to Costa Maya, Belize, progresso and Coz. I love Belize the best. It was hot hot hot there! this will be out 3rd cruise as we are going on thE fascination this nov. We picked late seating as usual as I like the extra time from coming back from the ports.
well I just wanted to say hi and give you some info on us.

[size=3][font=Arial][b]OK - here is the updated list of our group members:[/b]

Name----------------# of cabins----Dinner Seating[/font][/size]
[font=Arial][size=3]Snowball (Debbie)------5-----------Early[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]Nancy M. (Nancy)--------1-----------Early[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]MFinn (Mary)--------------3-----------Late[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]Yankeegirl (Deni)--------1-----------???[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]Lyndamr (Lynda)---------2-----------Early[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]Newbie2cruise-----------2-----------Late[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=3]It is so great seeing the activity of this thread starting to pick up!!! :D Hopefully we'll have even more people join in by the end of the week when our $25 deposit offer goes away. [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=3]I am going to call the t/a on Friday and try to get another extension, but I [b]seriously[/b] doubt that we'll be able to get anymore. So why wait? Just put down your $25 this week and make your reservation! :) [/size][/font]

[quote name='atakkat']Any young children going in the group? We are thinking about this cruise and would have 5 children total ranging from 2-7. Just wondering!
Thanks.[/QUOTE]
HI there we are going and we have a son who will be 6 at cruise time. He loved camp carnival last cruise! come join us

[quote name='atakkat']Any young children going in the group? We are thinking about this cruise and would have 5 children total ranging from 2-7. Just wondering!
Thanks.[/QUOTE]I'm sure there will be plenty of kids in that age group on the cruise - there always seems to be a lot of kids that age in Camp Carnival, at least that is how it has been during my previous cruises. I hope you decide to join us! Feel free to post any other questions you may have.

Newbie2cruise - were you able to get in touch with Kevin today?

Hello Newbie, and welcome to the Valor Voyagers! You mentioned you have been to Belize and said you liked it the best. This makes me feel much better. I have been kind of apprehensive about visiting there. I am not sure which excursion to take. I am a little worried about the bugs and the lengthy trek to the cave tubing site if we decide on that excursion. If you could post your experience in Belize on the "Belize" group thread, I would really appreciate it. :)

Thanks!

Archived