Has anyone.....

Have you ever called to remove Carnival air from your booking because you have found a better deal on your own?

I seem to remember hearing that you can cancel all or part of the booking prior to final payment. I know that you can call and add the air anytime prior to the final payment - because I did that a couple of years ago. I just wondered if anyone has any experience removing the air charges once they have been booked. :confused:

Thanks!

You sure can romove Carnival air from your booking. Just a couple of reminders though:

1. Remember to call your travel insurance company and add the cost to your travel protection.

2. Remind yourself why Carnival's air is so much more expensive. Their tickets are fully refundable with no restrictions. The tickets you are buying on your own are probably fully restricted with no cancellation or lots of penalties included. You miss your flight or need to change flights, additional charges will be required.

You sure can romove Carnival air from your booking. Just a couple of reminders though:

1. Remember to call your travel insurance company and add the cost to your travel protection.

2. Remind yourself why Carnival's air is so much more expensive. Their tickets are fully refundable with no restrictions. The tickets you are buying on your own are probably fully restricted with no cancellation or lots of penalties included. You miss your flight or need to change flights, additional charges will be required.

Actually - the Carnival tickets are no more expensive than what I can get on my own, as of yesterday. But, the low lost carriers like Southwest and AirTran are not booking out far enough for me to compare them yet. So if I add the air now and they come in later with a great deal I want to be able to cancel the Carnival air.

If we book on our own I would want to go a day early to avoid possible issues - so you then have to factor in the hotel stay and transportation to the port. So right now the Carnival air is not looking too bad - probably because the fares I've been watching have been going up due to the fuel prices, I think.

Oh well......it's never easy :rolleyes:

:D No, it's never easy

I still purchase my own air for my own reasons but I just wanted to share some of the pitfalls you MAY run into by getting your own air.

Just do your research and be prepared should anything come up. Have on hand a list of other flights that your carrier has the day you travel. Also be aware of what other carries fly your route.

Great words of wisdom. Thanks! I am cruising 03/07 and have reserved airfare through Carnival as well. I am watching the airlines rates on a daily basis. Right now airfare is astonomical $500+, Carnival is coming in at $379...... happy sailing.

Brenda in KC MO

event.png

Great words of wisdom. Thanks! I am cruising 03/07 and have reserved airfare through Carnival as well. I am watching the airlines rates on a daily basis. Right now airfare is astonomical $500+, Carnival is coming in at $379...... happy sailing.

Brenda in KC MO

Yep - I'm pretty much seeing the same thing.

Not in the $500.00 range :eek: - but certainly the same as Carnival at $379.00 - which includes transport to the port with no cost of a hotel stay. Whenever I have booked air through Carnival it has the same - or cheaper than I could book myself. I know others have had bad experiences with Carnival air - but we are in Pittsburgh which has a major airport - with lots of options - so maybe that has something to do with it...who knows :rolleyes:

Archived