Grandeur JS Aft cabin

We are seriously thinking of booking an aft Junior Suite on the Grandeur for next January and have found several helpful threads. Does anyone have an specific information about cabins 8088, 7650 or 7654? Is there any difference in the size/shape of the cabin? The balconies appear to be slightly different sizes for each cabin. Can anyone confirm this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We were in 7656 and it was great. Fairly large room, plenty of storage. and a huge balcony. Book it you will love it.

But it is a walk through the hall from the elevator to the room, but after meals like that we needed to burn some calories

I sailed in cabin 8588 last summer which is the mirror image of 8088 (they are side by side). It was great the balcony is huge! Here is a link to my photos. You will have to look through the whole album to find photos of the cabin and balcony scattered throughout...

http://community.webshots.com/album/401789380eABQen

I booked cabin 8088 for December 16th of this year we are really looking forward to it. It will be my first aft cabin:D

Iyl, you may want to take a good look around the cabin. There may be a stowaway in there somewhere! :eek: You will love your cabin. Enjoy your cruise.

Annieeee

Pumba,

Do you suppose we can hide out on the balcony? After all the eating on a 12 night cruise I know I can not possibly fit under the bed or in the closet! I wonder if they have ever had a stowaway? Can't blame them, cruising sure is nice.

Annieeee

p.s. if you won't tell, I won't tell either

duncanmaria--we've had 3 JS cabins on Grandeur (8086, 7152 and 7650) and yes, there are some differences. I'm going back a few years and the memory gets hazy, but it sure seemed to me as if the 8th deck rooms/balconies were the slightest bit larger (then again, this was our 1st RCCL cruise so I might just be feeling nostalgic about it) Since I sailed with my sister who had 7150 while we had 7152, I was able to compare directly and know that 7152 has more open floor space but that's because the corner cabin has a walk in closet. Given the choice, I'd grab 7650 again in a heartbeat. We found there was less of a noise problem there (deck 7 cabins are above the lounge but 7650 is on the opposite side from the band.) By far, my favorite part was the balcony. It doesn't wrap around like some of the other Vision class corner afts but it's about as private as you're going to get on a cruise ship. We felt like we had our own little world out there.

In my opinion, any aft is great, but keep calling about 7650. You never know, someone might cancel. I once got the aft JS I wanted on Explorer a week and a half before sailing. I figure they must have upgraded the former occupants and I called at the right time to grab it.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Archived