Sunset Beach Resort -- anyone been there recently?

Cinderelli

;) Hi, everyone. I am reading wonderful things about the Sunset Beach Resort with a special offer to cruise line guests for $20 for the day. Most postings are people ASKING more questions. Has anyone been there recently? What was your experience?

Here are some of my questions:

- Was it worth it? We are a family of 4 -- 2 kids -- 14 year old boy and 10 year old girl.

- Someone posted that kids are $10. What age group was that? Under what age?

- What water sports or activities are included? Did that include parasailing? Do you have to be signed up for anything in advance? Their website was kinda vague.

- One posting said that when you arrived, you gave them your cruise cards and they put them in an envelope. My husband was FREAKED OUT about this - that would be our only way back onto the ship. Is this true? How safe is that?

Anything else you'd like to share would be great.

Have a super day.

Cinderelli

Cruising on the Conquest 8/29

We'll be going there next week. So, once we're back I'll post info for everyone thinking about it. My take on it is that I've heard lunch in MoBay can cost you $15.......soooooooo......for $20 even if the beach turns out to not be that great, you can eat and drink your $20 worth and switch to plan "B." Hard to top $20 including all drinks, including alcohol!!!

I know exactly how you feel. My husband and I were a little freaked out about them taking your cruise cards too. From what I gather, it seems that cruisers have lost their cruise cards quite often while in port. Once you lose it getting back on the ship is very difficult. Sometimes ships have been delayed leaving because of it. These resorts don't want any heat from the cruise lines about this. From what I hear, there are also people who try to steal it so they can get some of the discounts only offered to cruisers. The resorts don't want that to happen either. So they have instituted this policy to please the cruise lines and to protect the cruisers. The safest place is probably behind the counter at the hotel lobby. There are lots of all inclusives and I have never heard of a resort losing a cruisers cruise card. And if it has happened, believe me, we would hear about it on this board.

I believe the $10.00 is for kids 12 and under. Don't worry though, I imagine your 14 year old boy will eat much more than $20.00 worth of food. My nephew is his age and I swear he eats his weight in food and doesn't gain an ounce. You don't have to sign up to get any free water sports or equipment. There's lots of stuff to use but you are limited to 1 hour on each thing so others will get a chance to use them too. I've never heard anyone complain that they didn't get to use the sports equipment or the snorkel gear. In fact, most people can be found at the swim up bar in the pool. Parasailing is not included. They do have free floatie mats, snorkel equipment, paddle boats, volley ball, and ping pong. I imagine there are other things, but that's all I have. I got all of this info. from someone who had been there recently. We had a pretty good thread going and then I lost touch when they put up the new boards. Haven't heard from them since. And that's too bad because I got a lot of useful info. from them. I'm sure they'll be back. Maybe they're having trouble logging in to the new boards. Or maybe they're on a summer vacation. Anyway, I hope this helps. It's all I've got.

Sunset Beach Resort can be seen from the ship. It is a little too far to walk though. You should be able to take a $5.00 taxi to get there. I called them and there is no need to schedule anything ahead of time. Just show up and tell them you are a cruiser and want the $20.00 all inclusive deal. If you want more info. on Sunset, go to the thread I created here on this board. It is under "I've got info. on Montego Bay beaches." I did a lot of research and it is very informative. I hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise.

• 1 month later...

I saw a review where someone said they paid $5.00 each for the taxi to Sunset and $6.00 each back. I thought it was $5.00 total for up to 4 in a cab. Can anyone confirm? Sounds like maybe they misunderstood when the driver said $5.00 and thought he meant each?????

• 4 weeks later...

Archived