Question for those who have been on the Radiance of the Seas - Regarding Aft Stairs

:mad: :mad: :mad: Then why the HE|| does RCI even show them on their deck plans. What a joke.

I am still not giving up my awesome aft cabin though.

It is going to get really old after 14 days, walking to mid ship going up and then walking all the way back to the back again to go to the Windjammer. UGHHHHHHHH

Hey Rob...you want to trade...I have a nice hump cabin convienently located near the elevator and stairs.....I will be glad to make that long long walk back to that distant isolated unwanted aft cabin to save your legs and taking care of a fellow Ohana member....Im very giving like that :D

I'm a little concerned. We booked the Jewel for December 2006 a year ago so that we could get the aft cabins. My eighty year old mother is coming. She is in good health but I am really wondering if this is going to be too much for her. When I booked the cruise I noticed the stairs in the drawing about halfway down the hall and thought these should work fine for going up short distances. The other thing is that we have other family that are booked in insides one floor down and according to the drawing it didn't look like a long walk but if those stairs are not for guests then they will feel like a long ways away. Needless to stay this kinda burst my bubble with the excitement of having afts. We have cruised in afts before on Celebrity ships and the walk was fine. We loved the afts but this sounds like a different set up. Oh, well.

As Steve said earlier, the aft location was very far from the elevator/stairs. We would never choose that location again. We, too, were under the mistaken impression that the steps shown in the deckplan were available -- even though they were shown in a greyed out pattern in the plan. The fact is that those stairs just disappear after the luggage has been delivered. It's one of those areas behind doors that you never see.

If your mother has mobility issues, she should be able to get a wheelchair onboard for her use. It really is a long walk and (in our opinion) not such a great location (we were in 1600 on deck 10 so under the windjammer) due to the noise above and there was a lot of motion. The balcony wasn't any different from any other, except it was NOT wraparound as it looks in the deckplans. We had a particularly rough sailing the week we were on the Serenade and we felt the motion more in the cabin that amidships in the concierge lounge.

--Judy

Judy & Steve

My mom doesn't have mobility issues but I think it could get tiring for the amount of walking. We still have some time before we sail so maybe some cabins will come available that will work better for us. Thanks for your input.

Rae

Archived