Quiet places on the Mariner of the Seas

I have done a good bit of reading of reviews on the Mariner of the Seas. We will be leaving on June 11.

Are there any quiet places on the boat -- I know that when I was on my other cruises, we found a place where we could drink coffee and enjoy watching the water and having a "place" to ourselves. We won't have a balcony, so that option is not there.

There were other people that found the same spot (it was on a Carnival ship) and that was fine - they liked having a little nook/cranny where there wasn't a lot of traffic. This one was right off the Lido deck at the very back of the ship.:)

Any recommendations on the Mariner?

Check out the promenede deck. We spent several afteroons literally by ourselves in a chair with only an occasional employee walking by. It was very very quiet--you will love it!

The promenade deck, the Viking Crown Lounge, the Champagne bar.

My last several cruises, they've designated the Viking Crown as the "Quiet Zone" during the day.

I have done a good bit of reading of reviews on the Mariner of the Seas. We will be leaving on June 11.

Are there any quiet places on the boat -- I know that when I was on my other cruises, we found a place where we could drink coffee and enjoy watching the water and having a "place" to ourselves. We won't have a balcony, so that option is not there.

There were other people that found the same spot (it was on a Carnival ship) and that was fine - they liked having a little nook/cranny where there wasn't a lot of traffic. This one was right off the Lido deck at the very back of the ship.:)

Any recommendations on the Mariner?

We sail a few weeks after you. Let us know what you come up with. Would be very interested in the same.

The cigar lounge was empty the couple of times I stopped in during the day. This is a very nice room. It did not smell of smoke and since no one was in it no one was smoking. Very nice furniture and big windows.

The very front of the ship was often empty. There are benches but it can be very windy.

We were on Mariner in March, when the ship was full, and noticed that Ellington's was virtually empty most of the time. One evening before dinner about 1/2 of the tables were full. There's a nice view from this lounge.

Depending on the time of day, and if you are in port or not, the solarium and covered area around the pool can be quiet, as can the area right at the front of the ship on deck 12 (I think - area where you can peek in to the control deck). The front of the ship can be very windy, especially while you are cruising.

Other than the pool, especially on sea days, we didn't find anywhere that was really crowded and loud. Do some snooping on your first day and you'll certainly find a nice selection of quiet corners.

Hope you have a wonderful time! We loved it so much that we're going back in September!

We sailed on this ship in April............the Viking Crown Lounge was very quiet and surprisingly never very full..........

Enjoy the Mariner.

Jim

We were on Mariner in March, when the ship was full, and noticed that Ellington's was virtually empty most of the time. One evening before dinner about 1/2 of the tables were full. There's a nice view from this lounge.

Where is Ellington's? I/ve looked over the deck plans and did not see it.

Where is Ellington's? I/ve looked over the deck plans and did not see it.

Ellington's is a bar, one of the 4 sections of the Viking Crown Lounge, which sits well above the Pool, on the 13th floor, I think. It's where they normally hold the Meet & Mingle for Cruise Critic. It becomes a Jazz club in the evening, but it is really pretty quiet during the day and it is a great place to have a cocktail at sunset. There is also a room that is setup for cards and backgammon adjacent to Ellingtons and usually nobody is there. Mind you, we cruised on a FULL ship over Spring Break and there were lots of quiet spaces.

You'd think the library would be a quiet place, but people figure out that it is a shortcut from the elevator to some of the port cabins and so they just blast through there yakking away or arguing with their kids while you try to read.

The Cigar Bar is very quiet, but even though they have air cleaners, it certainly can have the smell of cigars if you go between 5-10 PM. It's probably OK from 1-5 PM. I like to have a cigar and Brandy after dinner on formal nights, Very posh and suitable for formal attire, or casual clothes would not be an issue.

I agree with the comments about the Promenade Deck. If you want the largest private balcony on the ship, don't book a stern cabin, just sit on a lounge chair on the Promenade Deck. It's often like 8,000 sq ft of empty space!

The champagne bar can be quiet, but it is close to the elevators and there is a lot of foot traffic in the aisle outside the champage bar. If that does not distract you it's probably not a bad choice since it is very laid back there.

Another really quiet place is the theatre. When they are not running movies of course. Most people can't find it. It's on one of the lower decks, aft I think. Maybe Deck 3? Check your layout.

You'll love the ship and you should have no trouble finding peace and quiet.

We were on Mariner in April. Our cabin was on deck 7 which also had the library. It was very quiet in there with a beautiful view of the Promenade.

A bonus: The chairs and sofas in there are very comfortable.

Archived