Got 2 FCC why would I use on same cruise?

jeniceglassman

sasha'smom....I repeat....you only need one future cruise credit which you purchase aboard the ship. You will be able to add your DH (or any other travel companion) when you actually book the cruise. At the time you make your booking you will be required to pay another $100.00 deposit for the second person in the cabin. You will both receive the onboard credits!

I took out 2 future cruise booking on my last cruise. I just used up one of them when I booked my husband and I on another cruise the other day. I payed another $100.00 as his deposit at that time. We both have the onboard credits showing in our account........and the bonus is I have another ghost booking just waiting to be used.

Thanks for so much info about using FCC's.

We had two and Princess required both of them when we booked our upcoming Golden Princess sailing.

Then I decided to book another Princess cruise, but had no FCC's remaining. If we would have just had to use one for the Golden booking, then I wouldn't have had to plunk down $1000 deposit for two cabins on the Caribbean Princess.

I thought we only had to use ONE, but was told they needed both numbers - darn, feel like I was scamed by Princess. We did, however, get our SBC so will move on and consider it "lesson learned".

Cruise Critics are the best! Thanks! ;)

Sorry to beat the dead drum here but.... am I correct then to book, while on board, 2 separate open bookings, with separate numbers, with one name on each....won't they want to know if the cabin is a double, quad, etc..I too, had to just use 2 FCC's on the cruise I just booked and want to book another wishing I had another FCC. I had 2 FCC"S under one booking number so would I have even been able to split them up?

shoredreamer, That is exactly what you need to do! Make sure you get 2 separate booking numbers. I always take 2 out with my name on both and tell the Future Cruise Consultant that I just don't know yet whether I will be cruising with my DH or a girl friend. So far I have never had a problem with the deposit or onboard credit when I did book.

The easiest way to do this is to purchase "open" bookings on board. Just tell the consultant that you do not know the dates or the cruises as yet and you will make that decision at a later date. Also tell the consultant not to send the info to your last TA of record in case you wish to change TA's. Much easier when everything is under your own control. AFter you get home, you will have up to 4 years to decide what you want to do. When you do decide, just tell your TA that you have a FCC that you want to use. Make sure at that time to tell your TA that you only want to use one FCC as the default is generally to use two for two people. They will then use one FCC and charge the other $100 to your credit card and the other person will also get the onboard credits in the same amount as yours.

Shoredreamer and Cruiznut: Did you both book with a TA or did you book directly with Princess? Even if you did book with a TA, I do think there are many out there that don't know or realize that you can book 2 people with one FCC and a payment of $100. The very first time we used ours with my current TA, we also used 2 of them. This was one of the first times she had used them, and was also a few years ago. When I first found all we needed was one, she gave it a try and it worked. Since then, she has done it every time. I don't think Princess tells anyone about this and it was only because of this board that I found out that this can be done. Next time, I would definitely let your TA know that this can be done, if they don't all ready realize it.

Hulagirl

Archived