Got 2 FCC why would I use on same cruise?

jeniceglassman

We purchased 2 onboard in 2004. I thiught we just had 1. But if I use both towards Diamond Cruise they are not going to double onboard credit, right? So I'm asking agent to just use 1 and we'll use the other next year. Am I missing something here?:confused:

Toto - I don't think you can do that anymore, at least according to my TA - our current planned cruise which we booked about three months ago we had to use 2 FCC's for the two of us. Prior to this we were doing as suggested and it worked fine. I think if you do a search there was a thread a while back discussing this.

Ron

Well, I just booked two cruises also and used one FCC for each one and just paid the other $100 for the second passenger on both. Not sure if you are using a TA or booking directly with Princess, but my TA has no problem at all doing it this way. And I know that GoTo uses the same TA that I use. :confused: :confused:

On board the Island Princess a week ago I asked the cruise consultant about this and she said you need one for each passenger. Sounds like the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing!:rolleyes:

Well, I just booked two cruises also and used one FCC for each one and just paid the other $100 for the second passenger on both. Not sure if you are using a TA or booking directly with Princess, but my TA has no problem at all doing it this way. And I know that GoTo uses the same TA that I use. :confused: :confused:

I'm pretty sure we use the Ksame KTa don't we? - If not I guess I'll have to find out who you use?

Ron

Question.. If you use 1 FCC and pay another $100 for the second passenger, do you both get the per person room credit or just the one that booked with the FCC?

You both get credit!

I just booked a couple of days ago. I had 2 future cruise credits and used just one to make the booking. My DH will be sharing the cabin with me. The deposit for him was $100.00 and he will recieve the onboard credit as well.

I did the same thing for a cruise I took with a good friend last February and it worked the same way. She paid her $100.00 deposit and got the onboard credit too.

It has been my experience that the Future Cruise Consultants sometimes seem quite unaware how the whole thing operates in "real life"! On the Sun Princess the Consultant told my friend she would have to have a Share the Wealth coupon for her husband to book in a cabin with her and receive the benefits and that definitely has not been my experience. Of course, I suppose the rules could change at any time!

On board the Island Princess a week ago I asked the cruise consultant about this and she said you need one for each passenger. Sounds like the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing!:rolleyes:

The consultant on the Island was incorrect. We just booked recently

and only had one FCC and we paid the additional $100 for my husband,

and ditto, we always BOTH get the credit.

This time we're in an outside so we get a combined cabin credit of $100.

On a 10-day cruise that amount increases to $150 per cabin for outside.

I'm pretty sure we use the Ksame KTa don't we? - If not I guess I'll have to find out who you use?

Ron

Well, this has been VERY interesting. I use the Ksame KTa as you do. I think this is the third time we've used a FCC with her and everytime we've used two... one for each person. But I'm sure that orginally when we talked to the consultant on board she told us to get two. We wouldn't have done that if we didn't need to. The only part that bothers me is that we've been kicking ourselves that we don't have another one right now for another cruise we'd like to book and now it sounds like we should have.

oK oK I'm using the same agent. I just asked her to use one and put the additional deposit on my credit card. She didn't seem to think that would be a problem. When we have used them in the past we only had one. What's funny is we did purchase two but the personalizer has only shown one. I didn't realise we had two till I looked at the 2nd letter and saw it had a 1 digit higher ID #. She suggested buying another onboard but that would still be throwing away the OBC from the orginal purchase. That will offset the passport we will have to purchase after this Diamond cruise.

Don't bother looking at the Personalizer. I don't think it's been right on any of our cruises. I called Princess to inquire about it last week and it was listed wrong under both my husbands and my name.

Ron

Do you guys have a good TA? I'd love to know who it is...any chance you could email me with the contact info? I'd greatly appreciate it.

bennychangmd dot yahoo.ca

Ron,

If you have someone good please email me: smileeyatt.net, I have used WAY too many TA"s and never able to find just the right one.

palolake: ditto. I had NO idea you could use just 1 FCC at a time. On board I have always booked "for 2" not given any other choice. I just booked a last minute cruise with the open booking I had for 2. Now I wish I had another one to book another cruise but will have to wait now until I get back with more FCCs done onboard.

here is the question for all...when booking on board, must you make 2 separate open booking numbers? Or can you have one or more open bookings with 2 separate names then separate them all later?

Thanks. Cindi

Here is a thread on answering the question of how many FCC you use to book.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=339701&highlight=FCC

Very interesting discussion on this thread but I too was confused on this and lyndabaker posts helped me to understand the program.

Julia

Happy to help! :D And yes, only one FCC is needed per couple. Anyone with a TA who says they can't do it should switch to another TA.

My TA has also only used (1) FCC for booking my husband any myself on our cruises. We always get the ship board credit for both also. Have been doing it this way for the last few years.

This past April we were on the Sapphire Princess and went to buy one more open booking and I mentioned that all we needed was one. Well the consultant didn't agree at all and said that we would absolutely have to have 2 of these to hold a cruise. I told her how our TA has done this, as others do also, and she said that was completely wrong and can not be done that way. Ended up buying 2 just to put away in case we found a couple cruises out there we wanted, which I'm sure will be the case. Thought it was interesting how she reacted to this, as you could see her whole demeanor change.

For our upcoming Tahiti cruises, all we had was one open booking when we booked. Used one for the first cruise and then had to put the full down payment on the second cruise. Thanks to all the CC information, we purchased another on our next cruise that was 3 weeks after booking, and were able to apply that open booking to the second booked Tahiti cruise and we both receive all the SBC now. Really worked out well. Coral clued me into that one and I'm so glad she did.

I'm still confused. We always do the future cruise bookings. It costs $200.00, $100.00 per person, each with it's own number , in each of our names and each with it's own onboard credits. . Are you saying for the $100.00 we can use it for two people adding my husband later on? That's never been the case with the ones I've used. Since I'm getting ready to sail Monday, and am purchasing these again, I'd like to know if I'm spending money I don't need to spend.

Archived