Cruise ship information does not come from NCL

Why is it that most, if not all, of the extended information about ships are from non-NCL sources? The links I for pics, perk lists, room amenities, etc are from 3rd parties. When I need to find out something I would love to go to NCL's site to get the answer.

sorry I find this equally disturbing. I have just posted a new thread asking about some of the stuff on the Jewel. I called NCL and they said they didn't know!!!! Thank God for this site. For instance, haven't cruised in 5 - 6 years and was stunned to see extra charges in some of the restaurants.

sorry I find this equally disturbing. I have just posted a new thread asking about some of the stuff on the Jewel. I called NCL and they said they didn't know!!!! Thank God for this site. For instance, haven't cruised in 5 - 6 years and was stunned to see extra charges in some of the restaurants.

NCL has had an extra charge restaurant on it's ships since 1988. The first was on the Seaward. How long has it been since you cruised:D :D

Can you imagine trying to keep all the information available on the internet about one ship on one site. A lot of what you need to know is on the NCL website but it is almost impossible to find in some cases.

They have published that a new website will be coming in the fall. Hopefully things will be more intuitive. Even though RCL and Princess sites have more splash they don't have any more information.

Here is a link to many of the Jewel links in one place. Always a good place to start.

http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/norwegianjewel.htm

The NCL site does list ALOT of information, a large percent of questions asked here have the answer there, but people do not look. Lots of FAQ pages, room descriptions, what is included, etc.

I am actually concerned when they say that a new web site is coming out. It seems that web-builders think good equals lots of fancy bandwidth grabbing graphics vs just good old information.

In the end, I do agree that companies, including NCL do hurt themselves by not providing MORE information on their web sites. They could cut their customer service expense way down by making sure everything is on the web.

Thanks/Mahalo bunches for that site shoreguy!! I just found POH on there!!! Even though there's slim pickins because it's so new at least there is some more info that I didn't know -- NCL has its christening ceremony pix now.

Archived