Connie on Sept. 24 for New England Canada

Liat

We have a Roll Call site for this cruise, but do not have many posters yet. Anyone on this cruise is invited to check the Roll Call location for contact with fellow passengers and joinig Cruise Connection

Phil & Edith from Phoenix

Liat,

I think it was Gillianrose that suggested our cruise may be chartered? I've searched the Internet, but don't see anything for 9/24/06. I wonder if we called Celebrity if they would tell us if this sailing had indeed been chartered? I never gave that thought, I figured if they sold cabins to us, we'd be able to go. Now I've read here on Cruise Critic, that indeed they sometimes bump you if the cruise is chartered. Now I'm really starting to worry. I have hotel, air, NYC transportation etc. all reserved and paid for this timeframe, not to mention the two weeks off work. Can't just change everything.:eek:

It happened to us on the Millenium in March 2001. About 4 to 6 weeks before the cruise we found out we were bumped for a corporate charter. We would have been stuck because my wife couldn't switch vacation weeks. X, however, was very helpful finding us another cruise and giving us a $300.00 shipboard credit so that our vacation would not be ruined.

sal7202 - I would be in the same situation your wife was in, I have already submitted for those two weeks at work, I have already paid for airfare, hotel, transportation to and from the pier, shore excursions etc. And I wouldn't be interested in cruising anywhere else. I select a cruise for the itinerary (that wouldn't be easily done by car or air). I'm not interested in just cruising to anywhere/or nowhere just to be on the cruise ship.

Gillianrose doesn't think there is anything to worry about at least until after final payment is due next month, so I hope and pray she is right.

Liat,

I think it was Gillianrose that suggested our cruise may be chartered? I've searched the Internet, but don't see anything for 9/24/06. I wonder if we called Celebrity if they would tell us if this sailing had indeed been chartered? I never gave that thought, I figured if they sold cabins to us, we'd be able to go. Now I've read here on Cruise Critic, that indeed they sometimes bump you if the cruise is chartered. Now I'm really starting to worry. I have hotel, air, NYC transportation etc. all reserved and paid for this timeframe, not to mention the two weeks off work. Can't just change everything.:eek:

I've found our cruise on the Celebrity website and so far we are still all booked for the cruise ports. We've been sailing X for 10 years now and have never been bumped.

I think it was Gillianrose that suggested our cruise may be chartered? I've searched the Internet, but don't see anything for 9/24/06. :

Uh, no. :-)

If the ship were CHARTERED, we'd be kicked off the ship!

I located a square-dancing GROUP of unknown size when I first searched and that's what I reported in the roll-call post. They were scheduled to be on the 9/24 trip, but by doing further research, that group may no longer be on board. (There may have been a death of a key person.)

There are various group types that could be onboard that would not be easily located on the Internet, such as company groups.

Maybe one of our Cruise Critic TA's or industry insiders might be able to find out.

Archived