help please, what do you do with........

bubbles1209

What do you do with your digital camera, and camcorder when you are on your excursions? Seems to me fine beach sand and wind can't be good to have either of them around. We want to take pics and video though. Do we take turns going in the water or what? I would have 15 ducks:eek: if anything were to happen to them. Please help me on this one.:confused:

What do you do with your digital camera, and camcorder when you are on your excursions? Seems to me fine beach sand and wind can't be good to have either of them around. We want to take pics and video though. Do we take turns going in the water or what? I would have 15 ducks:eek: if anything were to happen to them. Please help me on this one.:confused:

It really depends on were you are going. We went to Mr Sanchos beach in Cozemel and they offered lockers for $3 all day. This was also offered at a beach in St Thomas but i don't remember which one it was several years back.

We bought a waterproof case for our digital camera. You might try looking into one of those.

Dont have a camcorder, but with my camera I dig a hole in the sand like i am playing around and then put it in a ziplock bag and put it in the hole and cover it up. Put my towel over it and my clothes on top of it. Never had a problem with it. Even have done my wallet this way.

Dont have a camcorder, but with my camera I dig a hole in the sand like i am playing around and then put it in a ziplock bag and put it in the hole and cover it up. Put my towel over it and my clothes on top of it. Never had a problem with it. Even have done my wallet this way.

I have been reading these boards for a long time and have garnered quite a bit of useful information from it.

However, the above quote has to be one of the BEST ideas I have learned on these boards. Thank you, Betcat, for an amazing idea!

We take disposable cameras on excursions and use water wallets for our cards and money. Everything else we take we would not miss if it were taken.

My motto is never take anything of value to you (that you would really be upset to lose) where it can be stolen or damaged. No matter how careful you are something can and probably will happen at some point. I always told my son that when he wanted to take things to school too.

In Jamaica when we went up Dunn River falls they had lockers, we put our stuff in there (towels, wallets, etc. )

I carried my camera in it's case around my neck.

When we went to Sting Ray city in Grand Cayman, we bought an underwater camera for the sting ray part, and then left our things in a bag on the little boat. Only about 50 folks, and EVERYONE was off the boat. I kept an eye out in case though - nothing happened. Think we all were in the 'same boat' sort to speak, and all seemed to be good.

that is just about the best idea i have ever heard coming from these boards, thanks for that one.

Archived