In OS need help with Soft drink pkg decision

Hi, there

This is my first question on here ever.

We are sailing on the Rhapsody of the Seas on 6/18/06 in the Owner's Suite. It is a combination gift cruise for our 18 yr olds graduation and Father's day so we went all out.....and it is our first cruise ever. I am hoping this won't spoil us too much. Anyway, my question is when booking the cruise I didn't even know there was such a thing as perks for this category of room. It was from reading the boards I found out there are some perks......however I am unclear on one thing. In the booklet/docs it talks about buying the unlimited Soda pkg (we are diet coke aholics) originally thought this would be a good thing to purchase. However it seems this might not necessary if it is provided in room or will it not be??

I appreciate the information any of you seasoned cruisers out there can give me.

One other thing,

All the seasoned cruisers that have posted their information on this site have been invaluable to me and my family in preparing for this cruise.....a big THANK YOU!! to you all.

Pam

No pop in the OS was free when we had one last fall on the Enchantment. Your perk will be acess to the concierge lounge, where sodas are available during the evening cocktail hours approx 5:00-8:30pm. Other than that time, you'll need to purchase your own beverages.

We have purchased the soda package a couple of times in the past, but find that for us, it only is economical on itineraries that have a lot of sea days or CocoCay/Labadee. When we are in port we are off the ship till dinner, and don't drink so much soda at night. You have to do the math and know how much you personally drink. The canned soda was $1.73 with the tips on the Grandeur last month and the package costs $5.17 per day. You have to drink at least 3 cans of soda every day to come out even. While I can definitely do this on a sea day, I didin't find I drank 3 cokes on a port day.

It doesn't matter which cabin you're in--you will pay for soda! If you drink it constantly, buy the package, if you only drink now and again, buy it when you want it! The soda card only covers fountain soda (which I prefer), not cans. But, that mean you have to carry your "soda cup" around with you--not my cup of tea, so to speak!

It doesn't matter which cabin you're in--you will pay for soda! If you drink it constantly, buy the package, if you only drink now and again, buy it when you want it! The soda card only covers fountain soda (which I prefer), not cans. But, that mean you have to carry your "soda cup" around with you--not my cup of tea, so to speak!

You don't have to use the cup that comes with the package. If you have the soda sticker on your seapass, they will bring you a soda in a plastic glass.

While they give you a nice cup with the package, you don't have to use it. Just show them the sticker on your seapass card and you get any softdrinks. Usually they were in glass glasses. They even gave the kids shirley temples (sprite and grenadine) with the sticker.

Thank you, Murphy, CB at Sea and Kittyg for the good information and so quickly too. Didn't even know about the sticker thing so that was great to learn about as well.

I think doing the math on the amount of sea days we have the Soda package will be a good purchase. From what I hear Rhapsody does not have a concierge lounge so that is not an option.

Some cruises we get soda cards, & some we don't. We've found that if our DS(14) goes with us, he & I come out better by getting the soda card. If it's just my DH & I, I don't get one. We drink wine with dinner every evening, if it's just the 2 of us, but not when we travel with our DS. We usually order room service for breakfast, & we don't want to go out to get a soda. I will order one to be delivered with room service, or have one from the mini bar. For lunch I drink tea, if I don't get a card. It's much cheaper to order a soda as I want one, when it's just the 2 of us. My DH drinks what's provided & never gets a card. The value depends on your drinking habits.

Archived