environmentally friendly sunblock?

Hello, fellow cruisers--thanks so much for being here for us newbies! Where can we buy the correct sunblock for swimming/snorkel trips where "environmentally friendly" sunblock is required? Or can you at least recommend a brand? We live in PA pretty far from the ocean. Thanks again.

I actually stood up and searched for ours, and was quite surprised to find it so easily. Ours is a brand called Virgin Sol, and then there is a note on the front that says "100% reef friendly."

We've never looked for environmentally friendly sunscreen around here, but I suspect that I would have a difficult time finding it, too.

• 3 weeks later...

It should list whether or not an environmentally friendly sun block will be required. It wouldn't hurt to buy a bottle and just stick it in your backpack, in case. If you have to buy it locally, they charge you and arm and a leg. You might also check to see the you have a Trader Joe's in the area as they also carry the 'Kiss My Face' brand.

Another option would be to go to the Environmental Cruise thread and post the same question if you don't alaredy see the answer listed there.

Have a good cruise,

Charlie

Hello, fellow cruisers--thanks so much for being here for us newbies! Where can we buy the correct sunblock for swimming/snorkel trips where "environmentally friendly" sunblock is required? Or can you at least recommend a brand? We live in PA pretty far from the ocean. Thanks again.

;) Kiss My Face works well and I even use it on my face and don't break out !

Archived