Reaching Platinum Status

mariakitty

My captains cercile records show that I have been on 12 cruises when I have been on 10. I called Princess & they said since 2 of the 10 were 14 day cruises they count as two.

Again, Princess does not have any idea what some of their phone reps are saying. No matter how long the cruise, if it is not a B2B, it is counted as one cruise. Heck, we have done 25 day cruises before that only counted as one. Only way yours should have counted as 2 is if they were back to back 7 day cruises.

I would like to see the number of nights instead of number of cruises count toward the levels. I also wish you could transfer them to the other Carnival Corp. lines. I would like to see them combine no matter which line, Princess, Carnival, HAL etc so you could receive the same benefits no matter which line I am cruising on.

My captains cercile records show that I have been on 12 cruises when I have been on 10. I called Princess & they said since 2 of the 10 were 14 day cruises they count as two.

Your Captains Circle account will list the exact cruises they have credited you for. ;)

Now, if those "14" day cruises were two "7" day B2Bs, then they will show up as two cruises. :D

I would like to see the number of nights instead of number of cruises count toward the levels. I also wish you could transfer them to the other Carnival Corp. lines. I would like to see them combine no matter which line, Princess, Carnival, HAL etc so you could receive the same benefits no matter which line I am cruising on.

I agree. I have a couple of 3 night cruises and would certainly not object if they were considered as 1/2 cruises rather than 1. Since most cruises average 7 days, it would be nice to have your cruise nights divided by 7 to ascertain your level. I like your idea of combining all the nights from all the lines under the Carnival umbrella. They are always advertising that we are VIP's no matter which line we cruise with under this umbrella so if they want us to think of all the lines as Carnival Corp., then we should get the same benefits no matter which line we cruise on. Personally, I don't think it'll happen because if it did, so many of us be reach the levels faster and be using all the benefits each and every time we cruise.

on our Coral Princess cruise in May regarding days at sea versus "a cruise" for reaching Platinum and Elite status. She assured me that 1 to 5 day cruises were not counted as a cruise. I had the feeling she was just trying to get me out of there ;-))) and after reading all these posts, you guys have got to be correct!!

I like the idea of 7 days counting as one cruise...or they could do a "so many cruises and/or so many days at sea" to acheive Platinum or Elite status.

We are going to be Platinum our next cruise but have 68 days at sea, that would translate to 9.7 cruises rather than 5 by using the "7 days = 1 cruise" formula.

Cheers, Denise

I loved having free internet for the first time on our last cruise on the Tahitian Princess. I used about $120 worth of connections. Never used the internet when I had to pay. I just don't know if I could do the repositioning cruises -- I didn't want to get off the ship after 10 days -- I would really be "kicking and screaming" when they dragged me off after 2-4 days!;)

I loved having free internet for the first time on our last cruise on the Tahitian Princess. I used about $120 worth of connections. Never used the internet when I had to pay. I just don't know if I could do the repositioning cruises -- I didn't want to get off the ship after 10 days -- I would really be "kicking and screaming" when they dragged me off after 2-4 days!;)

Looking forward to free internet in November. I am having a fit over a 7 day cruise...this will be our first. We like those looooooong repo cruises...15 to 18 days ahhhhhhh and I still don't want to get off ;-))

Cheers, Denise

Archived