Sapphire 6/20-6/27

alaskabound3

Ok everyone, I will try to email the Sapphire patters this weekend. Have to finish unpacking them first as I got off the ship Sunday and dived into a busy work week first thing Monday morning.

Just to let you know, most everyone I talked with on the ship and at the airport following the cruise really loved the ship and the cruise. Of course, the biggest complaint was the weather in Alaska was unusually warm, several record days in the 80's. No rain to speak of. So, everything was mostly lovely and a great trip. Again, this was my 5th Princess cruise and I have also cruised a bit on RCL. I think this is a winner of a ship and cruise.

I booked practically my whole family (19 of us) on the Sapphire and was concerned because of the experiences with the Diamond. I certainly don't expect perfection but there are a few in my family who are a little more picky. Yours is the first review I have seen of the Sapphire and I'm glad to hear they are working out the kinks and you were able to answer most of my concerns. Could I please get the patters as well? You could start charging for them to cover your time and trouble...LOL. Most of us would pay for such early information.

Thanks again!!!

My email is bnwynn@yahoo.com.

Could You Tell Me About Your Baja Deck Cabin On The Sapphire?

We Have Neighboring Cabins...do You Think They Would Open Up To Each Other? Do The Partitions Look Removable? After Taking The Baja Deck Balcony And Seeing The Others (larger, Partially Uncovered) Are You Still Happy With Your Choice...we Are Torn Between Changing To A Larger Balcony And Losing The Cover.

Baja decks are smaller than Caribe and also cheaper. There will be fewer chairs on the deck. You can ask the porter to open up a door that goes between you and an adjoining deck if all parties desire.

If you plan to spend a lot of time on your deck sometimes the larger deck is worth it. If you don't spend time there, then don't worry about it and stick to the cheaper balcony room. Your decision may also be influenced by your itinerary. Alaska at certain times of the year is colder, and you may not want to use your deck much.

Prarie Cruiser - thankyou ever so much for offering to take the time to possibly e-mail us the patters - I'm sure everyone greatly appreciates it - I look forward to recieving your e-mail.

Thanks again,

Andrew.

Archived