Any Singles booked ROS rate on Legend Nov 07 or Pride Mar 08 Crossings?

norm2002

Being in the UK, I've only just received details of the rates here. They are both at 150%!! I'd be very interested to hear the rates the first people got in the US.

Regards

Norm

Hi Norm!

The discounted rates for singles on Seabourn have been reduced dramatically. There are virtually no 110% rates (maybe a dozen cruises over the year) and the 125% are less available. Those usually sell out right at the beginning of the cruise's offering and tend to be offered to those with open onboard bookings...or those with TAs that grab them up quickly. Frankly, if you can get a 150% at this time you would be doing well.

Keep in mind, the lower categories virtually always sell out, so when Seabourn sells it at below 200% (which it always does), it is actually losing profit.

Oh, gone are the days of sailings with half full ships!

Hi Norm, photographer and videographer extrodinaire!

My TA booked the Nov. 2007 Legend crossing for me the day they were available for booking (Mar. 31) and got the 125% SROS tariff (there was probably 1 or 2 at this rate). Like Archipelago, I booked the Pride Mar. 2008 crossing in Apr. (23 months in advance) and also got the 150% SROS.

The US Seabourn 2007/2008 brochures have been mailed (mine has not made the trek to the shores of California) and single posters have posted in another thread that for 2007/2008 the single ROS are at 125%, 150% and 175% the "A" category tariff. As we have been lamenting, the 110% SROS is now gone for good.:( Well, it was good while it lasted! :D

Norm, if you would like to know what I am paying for these two cruises in US$ in Mar. and Apr. this year, click on the link below and send me an Email. I will answer when I get home tonight.

Click Here To Email Paul

I hope you are able to swing booking both the Pride eastbound and the Legend westbound crossings! :)

Iamboatman

Thanks but what I am really trying to find out is if there had been any 125% at all on the Fall 07/ Spring 08 Crossings. If there were, then it means we in the UK are being penalised and if there were not it means the minimum single fare is nearly a 40% increase. Very much looks like at most I'll only be doing one cruise a year instead of two.

Paul

Just seen your post since I started to write this. So it looks like there were 1 or 2 125% rates on the Legend.

Regards

Norm

Actually, I have to apologise. :o I have now seen my invoices and I have obviously misread my bookings. It seems that as the first Single Brit to book the Crossings, I have got 125% rates. So I better stop complaining - still it would have been nicer still to get 110% ;) .

I can only put it down to extreme tiredness from my long day on Saturday and working all day yesterday. Sorry, Seabourn, but next time don't make me get up at 4.30am to see the ship sail in to London.

Norm,

There are 110% SROS fares on Pride Oct 29 , fall Caribbeans on Pride and Nov. 21 and Dec. 5 for legend Canal cruises. Not many, but they are there.

bgood

Iamboatman

Thanks but what I am really trying to find out is if there had been any 125% at all on the Fall 07/ Spring 08 Crossings.

As you now know, yes. In fact, with the time delay in opening up the bookings to UK travel agents, many of the 125%s on many cruises were already taken.

I guess the problem is with when UK travel agents, which work through a different method and vehicle, have the bookings made available to them. UK residents can book with any travel agent, so using a US agent might make sense in the future; especially if you are looking for the high discount cruises.

As I have an excellent and knowledgeble Travel Agent he booked my 2007 & 2008 Pride March Crossings at 125%. My Sept. & Dec.-06

were a 'bit more expensive.....but worth every %! Value received!

MB

John, let's meet in Del Rio (I live 110 miles North) or in Villa Acuna, at "Ma Crosby's" in August. We could enjoy a "Seabourn South" mini reunion.

Archived