Cruising in November

There are 8 of us cruising on the Nov. 12th sailing of The Mariner of the Seas. Since all of our previous cruises have been during the month of August I'd be interested in hearing about what type of temperatures to expect in the Caribbean. We're also used to having lots of families with children on board. How different will it be by cruising during a month when school is in session?

I don't think you will find much difference in the temperature on the islands (maybe a bit cooler). The temp. range in the caribbean is only a few degrees from season to season. There will probably be less children, but almost all cruises have some children on board. Have a great time!!

Haven't cruised in Nov, but last year we cruised the first week of December and the temperatures were fabulous, it was in the 75-85 degree range and was perfect, not too hot, not too cold. We did not notice too many children when we were cruising, except for around the pool area. It didn't bother us, in fact we are cruising again this year during the same week!

As you can see from my signature - we always cruise in Nov.

Did Western Caribbean on Rhapsody first of Nov......got sunburned in Grand Caymen

Did Southern on Serenade end of November.....really nice temps both air and water.

Will again sail Western (with 2 new ports) this Nov.

As previous poster said....the caribbean doesnt really go up or down much but to see what each island will be try www.weather.com and put in city name..... will give you forecast for 10 days out or the average for the months....

As for kids.... can't compare to summer cruises as I havent been on one but never really notice many of the ones I have been on....some but not alot

We are going to be on the same cruise and we too have always cruised in the summer. Come over to Meet & Mingle there are several on the message board for our cruise. My TA (who will be on the same cruise) said that November is a great time to go weather wise.

We enjoy cruising in November. We find it a little cooler the first and last sea day, but we don't need it to be scortching hot. While in port, it was around 80 degrees. We were surprised by the number of kids on board. Far more than we expected, considering it was while school was in session.

Have sailed in middle November and it was hot! Funny to be sweating and hearing Christmas carrols being played in the store, especailly since we are from Northeast Ohio! Did not see many kids then. Sailed in October twice and it was hot then too. There are some schools that are in session year round. They have six weeks on and two weeks off, one of the October trips had a pretty good number of kids on board because of this. So I would say that they would all be in session through the Thanksgiving holiday.

We cruised last November and the temperature for both air and water was perfect. We had temps in the low to mid 90's everyday however there was a fairly nice breeze so it didn't seem that hot (except when we were in Nassau).

There were more children on board than I was expecting (I thought they would be in school).

This will be our 4th cruise in Oct and the weather has always been fabulous. One year we overlapped into Nov and we had a TON of kids (it was on DCL tho too) because of NJ "Teachers Week" or something like that. A bunch of NJ schools get a lot of days off in early Nov and during an election year they get even more.

However, last year we cruised Oct 15 and I think there were only a few kids on board (found out via Adventure Ocean). My kids (6-8 group) had only 75 total kids and half of them never came into the club.

We found ourselves in the minority in terms of families on board. It was actually nice and our kids loved the more individualized attention in the club -they got to really know the counselors.

P.S. Our kids get "Fall Break" which isn't the whole week but I don't mind pulling them out for a few days and the prices are A LOT cheaper than summer (plus the hurricane threat is typically lower). Win/Win combo for us

Thanks for the reply to my "Nov. Cruising" post. I am from Northeast Ohio, also. It will be nice to leave Hopkins airport and the cold weather behind us.

SMAC, What part of NEO are you? We are in Cuyahoga Falls and most often drive to Pittsburgh and fly Southwest from there. The rates on our last cruise in Oct was $500 cheaper and this year for August it is exactly 1/2 the price of flying out of Hopkins, we saved $750! Just a little FYI.

I live in Fairview Park which is 10 minutes from the airport. My parents, in their 80's, are travelling with us and they live in Fairview Park, too. Sister and brother-in-law from Brecksville often fly out of Akron/Canton, but are flying with us. My Dad (86) has limited mobility, so we are renting a wheelchair to help him get through the airport and on to the ship. My parents are on their 15 or 16 cruise. I've lost track!

We went on Voyager last November the weather was great :D And since there was only about 380 kids they got the Royal treatment. I heard the cruise before us had over 800 kids :eek: lol. Being from California when our flight had a stop in Atlanta,Ga WOW just walking off into the airport it was cold. Enjoy your November cruise ;)

Voyager Western caribbean 12/16/06

Voyager Eastern caribbean 11/26/05

S.S. Azure Seas 11/90 Mexico

Archived