SOS Deck 6 Cabin Question

Noise should NOT be a problem! Rooms are well-insulated! Is a JS worth it? It is, to me! I hate not having storage and tripping over my husband! The JS is great--lots of room, balcony is big, BATHTUB!!!, walk-in closet! The question is-- is your comfort important to you? If I can't book a JS, I don't sail.

We were on deck 6 on the Sovereign several years ago and on the same deck on Majesty--we had an outside on Sovereign and noise was not a problem. I always think of deck 6 on these ships as the "Geico" deck, like in their commercial the couple lives in a house that is too small, too short to stand up in! This half-deck seems just forced in between to full-sized decks!

I don't know about the condition of the Sovereign now, but deck 6 on the Majesty had a sewer smell in a couple places.

HI All,

Just booked on SOS Deck 6 and wondering if anyone can give any info on "walking" deck and noise just above on Deck 7. Also, is a JS worth it at literally twice the price?

Thanks in Advance.........:confused:

Our family went on SOS last week, and we were placed on different decks due to last minute decision to go. My daughters and son-in-laws were on deck 6, starboard, one 4 from the front, other about mid-way. They did not have any complaints about noise -- there are signs on the jogging track not to jog after 10AM ... but does not say what time to end ... or maybe I just saw that later in the evening. Would not want to be on deck 7, as all the windows are facing the track, and all at eye level for the walkers and joggers. (pull the curtain closed!)

HI All,

Also, is a JS worth it at literally twice the price?

Thanks in Advance.........:confused:

No,its not worth it on the SOS for 3 nights............You're in a port every day and wont get all that much use outta the balcony...we did once and wouldnt waste our money again................cuz like you said,it twice the price.................crazy for sucha short time..

I believe it's what you are used too? If you use your cabin alot then it is well worth it.... If you usually don't use your cabin that much but just to sleep and bathe then it wouldn't be worth it....

We had a Grand Suite for the 4 day a couple of weeks ago and it was well worth the extra money for us. We love to have the balcony and the balcony's on this ship for the js and gs are extremely roomy and comforable. You will have a bigger bathroom and a bigger closet. But like I said it depends on your crusing style.

Noise should NOT be a problem! Rooms are well-insulated! Is a JS worth it? It is, to me! I hate not having storage and tripping over my husband! The JS is great--lots of room, balcony is big, BATHTUB!!!, walk-in closet! The question is-- is your comfort important to you? If I can't book a JS, I don't sail.

Just to fine tune things regarding the closet---the Junior Suite that we had on the Sovereign recently did not have a walk in closet. We had JSs with walk in closets on the Radiance class vessels.

Bon Voyage~~

Leslie

Archived