Dawn Owners Suites--Who's Stayed in One?

greenie

You do realize, don't you, that anyone who stays in one of the AAs on the Dawn is automatically a member of the Dawn AA Club--Chapter 9506, for example. :) Even if you've just walked into a Dawn AA and looked around or visited--that counts. You're a member. And I bet no one ever told you that.

We had a thread going awhile ago about the 9506 Club (the founding chapter of the Dawn AA Club, by the way ;) ). We had lots of people come out of the woodwork to add their names to the members lists. I bet there are a bunch of new members.

Who out there stayed in a Dawn AA suite? Which one? Whadja think of it? I think this will be helpful to future Dawn AA members. Why ... every one of you who has stayed in any of the AAs on any of the NCL ships should let your voice be heard! For the good of the CC-ers who will sooner or later come looking for info on one of the NCL AA suites!

I'll start--

Hello, my name is Greenie. I stayed in 9506 on the Dawn in May 2005. It was an extraordinary experience and one I'll probably not be able to do again. But you never know. After all, I did send in my Publisher's Clearinghouse form a couple of weeks ago ... hey--all it takes is a stamp, a wild imagination, and a totally unrealistic ridiculous sense of "I might win!"

9506 I miss you!

Hey Greenie,

I miss 9506 too. We were there in December 2003 and October 2005. I never thought it would happen twice, but it sure did. Asked DH if he wanted to cruise twice a year in a MS or once in the OS, and he said once.

Jackie

Found the link..... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=243531&highlight=9506+club

Diane,

You are sure to be spoiled!!! Wait until you see the closet space, bathrooms, balconies, and everything else that goes with it. If you have any questions, just ask us. I've never been in 10506, but I know you're going to love it. It has a dining alcove which the 9th floor AA's don't have. You really do get the ROYAL treatment. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'm sure we will have a few more members that will be able to help and add their opinions and experiences.

Jackie :cool:

Hi Jackie,

We are really looking forward to this cruise! The OS sounds spectacular! I have done a lot of reading on the boards and have found quite a bit of info on OS. I am sure I'll have tons of questions, but right now the only one I can think of is - how is the motion in the front of the ship? We have stayed midship and aft on prior cruises. On the aft we did feel some motion, but not too bad.

Thank you and all the other OS cruisers who have given such vivid descriptions of the AA suites! Enjoy your upcoming cruise :)

Diane

I had the pleasure of staying in 9006 in May 2004 and 10006 in December 2004. Stayed in the same corner suite on the Spirit (although it is considered an AB) December 2005. Once you stay in that suite, you can't go back!!!

Sharon

Boy, Greenie, you are "taxing" my brain:eek:

Dawn, 9506, Sept., 04

Dawn 10006, May., 05 - because Greenie took my 9506;)

Jewel 9004, Sept., 05 (with a coffee, cappuccino maker):)

Dawn AC 10500. Feb., 06 - a thrilling ride Fwd., in the N'easter:eek:

Dianne 291 ~ We really enjoy the forward cabin. The only advice I can give you is that if you hit rough seas, head down to a lower deck - atrium, the theatre, a lounge until the seas lighten up.

In the AA you also have side balconies if the front balcony is too windy.

You will LOVE the suite...it is beautiful!

Warning...no turning back...I'm going broke!

Haven't stayed in one yet, but DH and I are booked in 10506 on the 10/22/06 sailing :rolleyes: Looking forward to getting spoiled!!

We stayed in 10506 in September & December 2005. Check out the pics of the Owner's Suite in the link below.

If you don't love the OS, then there's something wrong with you.

You're suite is called the Park Avenue Suite.

Any questions about 10506, just ask.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Hi Jackie,

We are really looking forward to this cruise! The OS sounds spectacular! I have done a lot of reading on the boards and have found quite a bit of info on OS. I am sure I'll have tons of questions, but right now the only one I can think of is - how is the motion in the front of the ship? We have stayed midship and aft on prior cruises. On the aft we did feel some motion, but not too bad.

Thank you and all the other OS cruisers who have given such vivid descriptions of the AA suites! Enjoy your upcoming cruise :)

Diane

Diane,

I agree with Cosmopolitan about the motion and the front balcony. You probably will want to use the side balcony the first day or two. We do go out there while sailing out of NY, then we use the side balcony until we reach warmer weather.

The only time we did any rocking and rolling was coming and going from NY. It was very smooth sailing after the first night. We both enjoy the way it 'rocks you to sleep.' I don't think you will have a problem, but you might want to bring an over the counter, non drowsy med. I always bring them and the patches, but we don't use them. It's just nice to know you have them if you think you might need them. I didn't notice any more motion than when we have stayed in other areas of the ship. We went in December and October and the October seas were much calmer.

You really will be spoiled.... We did bring our own laptop and downloaded pics as we took them. It was much faster than their computers, which eat up the Internet minutes pretty quickly. You won't have to bring shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, etc. Your butler will bring you any mixers you might want. I finally bought a Magic Bullet for our next cruise and have been 'practicing'... :D

Hello to all the rest of the 9506 club members!!!

Jackie

I love this thread. I'm in 9506 in 04/07. I have a million stupid questions. What is this suite called? Can you order stuff from the Blue Lagoon anytime you want and have the butler bring it? Can I get all the Diet Coke that will fit in the refridgerator or will they only give me six at a time? (I know I have a problem. I get headaches if I don't drink enough Diet Coke. I even drink it in the morning because I only like coffee if there's booze in it and I don't want to start drinking booze in the morning)

If you can't get into a specialty resterauant can you just order it through your butler? How much notice do you have to give your butler to eat dinner in your suite? That's all the stupid questions I can think of now. I'm sure I'll have more later because I'm really good at coming up with stupid questions.lol

Hi SM,

RE: I love this thread. I'm in 9506 in 04/07. I have a million stupid questions. What is this suite called?

Ans: I think that it's the "Fifth Avenue" suite (this is from memory ... somebody confirm this pls?)

RE: Can you order stuff from the Blue Lagoon anytime you want and have the butler bring it?

Ans: Haven't tried this, yet. I don't see why not! It's a restaurant on the ship and the Butler brings you food from the restaurants:). Anybody in the 9506 club order from the Blue Lagoon?

RE: Can I get all the Diet Coke that will fit in the refridgerator or will they only give me six at a time?

Ans: Ask for lots and lots of D.C. when you first arrive. Be clear that you need the fridge stocked with your Diet Coke and ye shall receive.

RE: If you can't get into a specialty resterauant can you just order it through your butler?

Ans: Yep! You still have to pay the usual charge for that particular restaurant.

RE: How much notice do you have to give your butler to eat dinner in your suite?

Ans: It varies on how much attention the butler's other suite pax need. Sometimes I gave 24 hours notice (this was rare -- we are cruisin' freestyle, after all!). I usually would mention at breakfast we may be dining in the suite that evening...or sometimes notify them later in the day. You have a phone you can carry around with you. Call when you know you'd like to dine in the suite -- the butler will try to accommodate you.

Tip: Ask the butler to come in to the suite to take the dinner order (like a waiter at a table). It's better than ordering using the phone.

RE: That's all the stupid questions I can think of now. I'm sure I'll have more later because I'm really good at coming up with stupid questions.

These are actually great questions! Keep 'em coming!:D

I love this thread. I'm in 9506 in 04/07. I have a million stupid questions. What is this suite called? Can you order stuff from the Blue Lagoon anytime you want and have the butler bring it? Can I get all the Diet Coke that will fit in the refridgerator or will they only give me six at a time? (I know I have a problem. I get headaches if I don't drink enough Diet Coke. I even drink it in the morning because I only like coffee if there's booze in it and I don't want to start drinking booze in the morning)

If you can't get into a specialty restarauant canyou just order it through your butler? How much notice do you have to give your butler to eat dinner in your suite? That's all the stupid questions I can think of now. I'm sure I'll have more later because I'm really good at coming up with stupid questions.lol

You can get food from any of the restuarants delivered by the butler. The menus are in your cabin. There are two CD/DVD players (in the TV's) and some music CD's to boot. Breakfast on the balcony is the BEST

You can get into ANY restaurant whenever you want. Just ask Claudio to get you in. You are in the 2nd highest suite on the ship. Believe me you are treated ROYALY. He can do wonders. You also have reserved seating for the Stardust Theater for the shows. Claudio will meet you and take you to your seats. Use the services of the Concierge.

Any other "stupid" questions, just ask.

Have a great cruise,

Monty

Thanks for all these responses

Baitman: Don't you love Claudio!!! We had the the pleasure of his services this year even though we were only in a BA. I still don't know why.lol

Another stupid question: Can you substitute the 3 bottles of liquor for beer? I know some people were able to substitute the liquor for wine but I'm strictly a beer drinker and DH doesn't drink at all.

Smellytoes,

This is a picture of the door of 9506....

http://img112.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p10100062lf.jpg

Our fridge was stocked with Pellagrino, Evian, Sprite, Diet Coke, Coke and I can't remember what else. We left the Diet Coke and Evian in and took the rest out. There is a cabinet underneath where they keep extras and we put it there. There was a lot more soda and water in the cabinet and we just put what we wanted in the fridge. Your butler will bring you anything you ask for. We got Kahlua to go in our coffee on some mornings and vodka for Bloody Marys other mornings.

We had breakfast every day in the room (yes, Monty, it sure is the best), but not dinner on the last cruise. We just ran out of time.... ;) The first time we had dinner in the room twice and I believe we told our butler on the same morning. Once we ordered from LeBistro to be served in the room. It was great...

Bring some extra tipping $$$ for your butler and concierge. They are not included in the $10 pp and it is well earned money for them. They really go out of their way for you. A letter will be sent to you about this the last night.

Yes, Claudio is great! I hope he's still on the shiip when you go.

BarbCT, I love this thread too. Brings back such great memories.

Jackie

But if I put Kahlua in my coffee and vodka in my tomato juice, who's gonna watch the kids.lol

Kids, what kids!!! I guess that's what it would be like if you had the Kahlua and vodka. Better wait until brunch for the cocktails then..... :D

Are they in the adjoining mini suite?

Jackie

I'm sure they'll have a blast. They always do on the Dawn. More ?? Can you get the butler to bring hor deurves(sp??) for sail away?

Angel: I haven't had many opportunites to see the Majesty off this year due to all the rain we've had. If it's nice out on Sunday maybe I'll make it to Castle Island to see you off.

Smellytoes,

The table has 4 chairs, but I'm sure it could seat 6.

I don't see why he couldn't bring you goodies for sailaway. Have you seen the menu? I know I saw it posted someplace. I'll see if I can find it. They have free stuff and other food (shrimp, that you have to pay for. You should let him/her know as soon as you board if you want to have them for sailaway. The concierge (hopefully Claudio) will meet you in the terminal and walk you on board and you can ask him about it.

I hope it's nice Sunday and we'll be waving back at you!!!

Jackie

Archived