cozumel and ocho rios excursions

We will be on the mariner in a few weeks (2 adults and 3 teenage kids). Appreciate any comments about excursions in Ocho Rios, Jamaica as well as Cozumel. We plan on doing the Stingray City thing in Grand Cayman but was not sure about the other stops.

We were considering the Dolphin encounter along with Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica. Not sure about anything in Cozumel.

Thanks again!

Dunn's River Falls is very popular. There is also River Tubing (see photo below) which was a lot of fun. Cozumel has a dolphine swim also (though Chankanaab Park got hit hard by the hurricane and I am not sure of its status). Here is a link to Dolphine Discovery (there is one in Cozumel - see photos below) ...

http://www.*****

Here is another link which may provide some info ...

http://www.xaac.com/riviera/chankp.htm

River Tubing ...

RiverRaft-OchoRios.jpg

Dolphine swim in Cozumel ...

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=90217&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=90220&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=90223&g2_serialNumber=2

tktktk,

My wife and I were on the Mariner April 23-30. We did Dunn's River falls in Jamaica with a group of friends that included kids, and they did great. The guides and others in the group will help them up the falls. It is not that difficult. Book the earliest one (9:30 I think) It isn't crowded yet and there will be plenty of time to do other things. We had some friends that did the Dolphin Encounter in Jamaica and said that it ewas awful:eek: .

In cozumel, it just depends on what you like to do. I know that the ATV/Myan ruins was Terrible!! We heard from several people that the "ruins" are a pile of ruble. We did the catamaran(sp) snorkel/ beach party. It rocked!! They pick you up directly from the ship, you snorkel in about 30ft of water. We saw plenty of fish. I took some dinner rolls from the ship and put them in a plastic zip lock bag. I fed the fish myself!! Everyone was swimming over to get pics. After snorkeling, it's all the beer and margaritas you can drink. They take you to their private beach where you can horseback ride, kayak, ATV, or just float on a mat like we did. Let me know if you have any questions.

Gator0178

Cozumel is my favorite port of call. We usually just "wing it" for the day. Most of the time we have rented a jeep and just drove around until we saw a place we wanted to stop at. Paradise Beach is great. We have been there three times now. The food is good, the drinks are cold. And the price is right :)

The natural bridge, El Mirador, is fun to climb. The beaches on the other side of the island are pretty much empty. (Not good for swimming though the seas are too rough over there).

Shopping in town is very good for trinket type things. They also have Coronas for $1 at this flea market type place. It's one of my favorite ways to end a great afternoon before heading back to the ship.

This article is one of the reasons I fell in love with this island even before we got there..... http://www.bootsnall.com/articles/02-07/take-me-to-the-other-side-cozumels-real-wild-side-cozumel-mexico.html

About Ocho Rios.... we have been there twice recently. The first time we did the "Original Canopy Tour". Here is my review.... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=296791

The last time we just did some shopping near Margarittaville. I am not too fond of Ocho Rios yet....maybe someday after we have seen more of it, but so far it's near the bottom of my list.

If you are doing the stingrays in GC I really can't say enough good things about http://www.nativewaywatersports.com we have used them three times now and have been very happy with them.

I am jealous....I love the Western Caribbean :) Have fun!!!

We just did margaritaville. It was a blast. We didn't want to do too much during our first visit to Jamaica. There is a slide that goes through the bar, and there are hot tubs up on top. They had water trampolines and a swimming pool (obviously). Food was good, and we had a great time.

Archived