Royal Caribbean Cat. D1 & D2 question

36kruzes

We've got a D2 balcony cabin on Navigator of the Seas this summer -- here's the question:

Is the curtain/drape between the sleeping area and the sitting area (with sofa) an actual drape that pulls all the way across, in effect cutting the entire space in half for privacy, i.e., one person wants to watch TV with sound turned very low and the other wants to sleep?

I am hoping the drape is not just a narrow decorative thing that doesn't serve any purpose.

If you've had a cabin in D1 or D1 on Voyager class ships, please let me know if you remember this drape scenario. THANKS!:D

We've got a D2 balcony cabin on Navigator of the Seas this summer -- here's the question:

Is the curtain/drape between the sleeping area and the sitting area (with sofa) an actual drape that pulls all the way across, in effect cutting the entire space in half for privacy, i.e., one person wants to watch TV with sound turned very low and the other wants to sleep?

I am hoping the drape is not just a narrow decorative thing that doesn't serve any purpose.

If you've had a cabin in D1 or D1 on Voyager class ships, please let me know if you remember this drape scenario. THANKS!:D

You know I have never had a balcony on Royal Caribbean yet-although I have one booked next year-but the only line I have seen that seperation is Disney for just a balcony cabin. Now they may do that in a suite. I have never had a suite.

Thanks -- so are you saying the drape does shield the sitting (sofa) area at least halfway from the bed area, so someone trying to sleep wouldn't be subjected to the glare of the TV screen, especially if TV is swiveled towards the cabin's entrance?

I understand about the built-in vanity thing but hope the drape goes at least halfway across the room.

This sounds silly, but it is an issue because I don't like to go to sleep early and prefer to watch the TV or read. Hard to do and not keep the other person awake if there is no way to break up the one room, which is tiny to begin with.

Thanks again.

http://www.travelingnuts.com/cruise/ship16.jpg

I dont remember it pulling all the way acorss the room. (there is a vanity thing there that will kinda not let it go all the way across.

I really couldnt tell you. I do know that when the SO watches tv at home I can not go to sleep. But on a cruise I am sooo tired I dont think it ever bothered me. As soon as I lay down---im out.

Does your name imply that you have been on 36 cruises?

Thanks re the drapery question on Navigator -- as to your question about my ID implying 36 cruises, yes -- though I'm getting ahead of myself by one; Navigator will be number 36 -- it's paid for so figured I'd count it.

(I used to be on this Board under another name, eons ago, when the format was totally different. This was probably around 1998 or 99, I think. Couldn't log on recently and finally ended up just starting over with a new name; hence, 36kruzes.

Here are the ships I've sailed, in no particular order, since 1981. Many of the ships/lines are long gone:

Carnivale (2X)

Mardi Gras

Festivale

Celebration

Skyward

Starward (2X)

Southward (2X)

Amerikanis

Azure Seas (2X)

Carla C

Costa Riviera

Windward (2X)

Seaward

Scandinavian Sun

Regent Sun (2X)

Ecstasy

Paradise

Sovereign of the Seas

Monarch

Nordic Empress (2X)

Legend

Vision

Rhapsody (2X)

Radiance

Enchantment

(Original) Star Princess (1993)

(New) Star Princess - 2002?

...and, if there is no hurricane, Navigator of the Seas this July.

Looks like you've taken lots of cruises yourself. Do you recognize some of the oldies on my list?

Joan

I really couldnt tell you. I do know that when the SO watches tv at home I can not go to sleep. But on a cruise I am sooo tired I dont think it ever bothered me. As soon as I lay down---im out.

Does your name imply that you have been on 36 cruises?

• 2 weeks later...

We had a D1 Balcony Cabin on the Grandeur last January. I know the Grandeur is not a voyager class ship, but from photos, is seems pretty much the same. The curtain in our D1 did not go across the room but only partially blocked the sofa and did not have any effect on the television. Hope this helps.

This sounds silly, but it is an issue because I don't like to go to sleep early and prefer to watch the TV or read. Hard to do and not keep the other person awake if there is no way to break up the one room, which is tiny to begin with.

I wear a face mask to bed that might help with the light issue.

Archived