Miami Hotel Question

melly424

We will be staying in Miami for one night before our cruise. Since we won't arrive at the hotel until after 1:00 A.M. (our flight gets into FLL at 11:57 P.M.), I really don't want to spend a ton of money for only 10 hours of use. At the same time, I don't want to share my room with creepy crawlers!!:D :D I just want something that is clean. Don't need any extras. I tried Priceline this morning and my bid for $60 wasn't accepted. I keep reading things on the message board that people are getting 3* rooms for $50 and $60. What is their secret??? I am going to try again tomorrow. Is lowering my stars to 2 1/2 going too low? I have never used priceline so any suggestions will be helpful! Thanks for your input!!! I had a hotel booked in Fort Lauderdale, ( Ramada Inn on SR 84) but after reading the many horrible reviews, I cancelled it. I am completely unfamiliar with Miami, so any help will be appreciated! God Bless!

For the Miami Downtown area on Priceline the only hotel that I see as having a winning bid for the 2.5* level is the Courtyard Miami Downtown. Reviews are positive on Tripadvisor.

For the 4* level, rooms have been had for $60-100 and 3* for $50-70 so for sure you'd get a 2.5* cheaper.

If you tell us the date you're looking for maybe I could help a little more specifically. Unless I can check what the rooms cost there for your specific night I couldn't advise you on what to bid.

Also, the Courtyard Downtown allegedly has rooms on easyclicktravel.com but can't check that out without a specific date.

Coleen :)

We've used hotelkingdom.com several times for Florida hotels. In FLL, I've used it to book twice with the Comfort Inn and been really happy. Well, except for last October when we rode out hurricane Wilma instead of going on our cruise! :(

Melly, We are staying in Miami the week after you (7/8/06) at the Hyatt Regency downtown. I bid on Priceline in March for a 4* downtown beginning at $65 and then rebid by raising $10 each time I was denied. Finally accepted at $95. I hope you find a place to stay that is nice and at a reasonable price!

OK,

Hotwire for July 1st is $87 for a 4 star. That's the cheapest of ANY star rating. (Likely to be the Hyatt but I can't make any guarantees.)

Eastclicktravel.com has an 'off the record' Downtown 3.5* (their stars are usually higher than 'normal') for $87.62. I think it's the Courtyard Marriott, again no guarantees.

If you don't have a real preference over hotels I'd try Priceline first. My only caution would be for the 3* Downtown. The Radisson has been won lately and reviews on Tripadvisor aren't great. (Although they're customer service problems, not that the rooms are that bad.) Perhaps try for 4* for up to $80 (if that's in your budget) and then wait another day and try JUST the 2.5* downtown only for $60. (Unless you're ok with the Radisson then add 3* as well.) You can always try again the next day adding $5. Also, if you get a 'counter offer' the recommendations are to up your bid by half the counter offer amount and hopefully that will work. i.e. You bid $60, they counter with $72. Add $6 to your bid.

Don't bid above $80 since you know you can get a 4* for $87 on Hotwire! (Also, if you or anyone you know has an Entertainment book there's a Hotwire coupon in there, a rebate actually, for $10. Not sure the conditions of the offer, I don't have my book handy but worth checking it out!)

Hope this helps...let us know!

Coleen :)

• 2 weeks later...

The 4* hotels that have been won on Priceline for Miami Downtown are the Hyatt and the Intercontinental. There is never a guarantee with Priceline, though, as another hotel (or chain) could always decide to participate.

If you're looking for other areas check out biddingfortravel.com they have a complete list of Priceline hotels that have been won for each area. Also betterbidding.com has both Hotire and Priceline hotel lists.

Just an fyi...I just got a 4* at the Intercontinental in Miami for Sept 29, Oct 1st for $87 per night on Priceline.

Would you post your winning bid in the sticky at the top of the page.:)

Archived