What Carribean For A Non-snorkeler

jp2001

what are the best carribean area for a non-snorkeller?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. what are the best carribean area for a non-snorkeller?

• Eastern
    • Southern
    • Western
    • Bahamas

I'm claustrophobic, so snorkeling is not an option for me. I simply cannot put my face in the water.

But I've cruised 12 times (mostly in the Caribbean) and love it. There are a gazillion other things to do. In fact I rarely even go to the beach.

I voted for Western Caribbean because I think it offers to most variety in shore excursion options.

I voted for the Western as you will visit Mexico and they have great ruins. Most islands have island tours and they are nice if it is your first time on that island. There is always shopping and lots of history and culture to look at.

I'm claustrophobic, so snorkeling is not an option for me. I simply cannot put my face in the water.

But I've cruised 12 times (mostly in the Caribbean) and love it. There are a gazillion other things to do. In fact I rarely even go to the beach.

I voted for Western Caribbean because I think it offers to most variety in shore excursion options.

You know, I understand and all but it's kinda ironic that the ocean, 70% of the world's surface, can cause claustrophobia. Oh well, the world works in weird ways!

And Western gets my vote. Lots of mainland cultures there so lots of stuff exists there that couldn't be on the eastern islands

We dont do beaches and found stuff to do in every Port. I think the Western side gives you more choices though. We have done ruins/ semi submarines/ hell/ blowholes. Visited Rum cake factories. Shopped. Visited St Pedro Place. Did swim with Stingrays the first cruise. That was awesome even though i stayed on the boat and took pictures of my kids out in the water.

I think that you'll be able to find plenty of tours and activities no matter what itinerary you choose. My parents aren't swimmers, yet have enjoyed all the islands enjoying many tours. Don't worry no matter what you'll pick, you'll have a great time!

You know, I understand and all but it's kinda ironic that the ocean, 70% of the world's surface, can cause claustrophobia. Oh well, the world works in weird ways!

It is her mask not the ocean that she fears.

Not being able to breath is the problem...not water. I have a pool, a hot tub and even a shower; none of them bother me. It's putting my face in the water and not being able to breath...just can't do it. I wouldn't even consider putting on a mask...no way.

Archived