St. George from King's Wharf

MrPete

Does anyone know if the trip to St. George is worth it? How long is the Ferry Ride? When's the time to go, day or night? If one had the choice, which would you choose, St. George or Hamilton?

And most importantly, what would be the things to see in St. George?

Does anyone know if the trip to St. George is worth it? How long is the Ferry Ride? When's the time to go, day or night? If one had the choice, which would you choose, St. George or Hamilton?

And most importantly, what would be the things to see in St. George?

This all depends on what you like.

Hamilton is more bustling with more shops and is the capital of Bermuda. St George is more like I expected old Bermuda to be. The Ferry ride from the Dockyard to St george is about an one hour each way. It runs much less often and is not available at night. Hamilton to Dockyards is every hour or so and takes 20-25 minutes. Both have carriage rides shops and 'burbs.

www.seaexpress.bm has the schedule.

Again, depends on your preference. IMO, St. George's is definitely worth the trip. If you can work around the ferry schedule, that'd be the way I'd go. We took the ferry from Hamilton to Dockyard to St. George last week - the Dockyard to St. George leg was about 40 minutes.

As to what there is to see - if you're a history buff, St. George's is the place to go. There's the Bermuda Museum of the National Trust, the Tucker House Museum, the Bermuda Perfumery, St. Peter's Church, Somers Garden, the Unfinished Cathedral, some nice shops, historic "dunking" reenactments in the Town Square at noon on days when the cruise ships are in port. You can take a carriage ride or a train trolley tour. My husband and I have been to both Hamilton and St. George's, and we much prefer St. George's. YMMV, however.

Archived