Gala Midnight Buffet on 2 nt. cruise to nowhere?

Sandi149

I'm going on a Cruise to Nowhere this weekend on the Victory. I have heard that the CTNs have all of the activities that you would find on a full cruise, just all squeezed together. There is a formal night and I would assume that there is a Midnight Buffet as well.

I will be posting a full review next week when we get back. Hopefully it will help you plan for your cruise!

I've been on 2 CTN's...yes, you'll have a formal night the second night, and the Gala buffet will be that night as well. Two things to note...you will have to pay taxes on your purchases in the gift shop and you'll have to carry all of your luggage on and off the ship...no porters. Have a great time!

If your CTN actually did go somewhere (our last one went to Nassau), then you get duty free prices and do not have to pay tax. If the cruise goes to sea and comes back without visiting a foreign port, then they will charge you sales tax, according to local fees.

Then the laws must have changed. The last CTN that I took was on the now defunct Premier Cruise Line out of NY for 2 nights and went just out to see and at that time there was no tax on either cigarettes or liquor. I took the cruise back in 1999 so I guess the laws have changed.

Archived