Canopy/beach break in Roatan

du4mch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My family and I are sailing the Valor on 6/25/06 During our stop in Roatan

we are cosidering taking the canopy tour / beach break (tabyana beach) excursion through Carnival. We really want to see Gumbalimba park. We understand that you can gain admission to the park only through the cruise line or hotel you're staying at. I was wondering if any one has done this excursion and could you please tell me if they allow you to take a tour through the park after you zip line through. I guess I want to know if they allow enough time to walk around & hold the monkeys! Also. do they rent snorkle gear at Tabyana beach -since I love snorkeling most! I read that the beach near the park is not Tabayana beach - so how do we get to that beach! Help please I'm confused!

I must reply to the many posts that Tabyana Beach is public. Tabyana Beach is located in WEST BAY BEACH;therefore, the area is named West Bay and not Tabyana. Due the fact that Tabyana has become known because of the cruise lines the locals now use the name of the resort, Tabyana Beach Resort, to lure people into thinking that they are taking them to the same place. They basically want to get the taxi fare from the passengers. The cruise lines are not charging to use a public beach. Tabyana Beach Resort, where the cruise lines have their tour, is in fact a private facility with rights to deny access. No, they cannot stop you from swimming in the same water, but yes, their facility can be kept private. After all, Tabyana Beach Resort is the one that opened up Roatan to the cruise industry and it is owned and operated by a local family.

Archived