Flight times

almostdoc

We are on the Alaskan cruise on the Sea Princess. The website says that we arrive back into Seattle at 7 am. Do you think that we could make an 11 am flight that day? If not, there is also a 1230pm. Thanks for your help.

I would go for the 12:30 just in case. Even though disembarkation at Seattle is well organized you never know what's going to happen. If I remember right our flight out wasn't till 2. we had a couple of hours to kill.

I had to go in and check with my DH the cruise was 3 years ago. It is only about a half hour trip once your off the ship and collect you luggage. That can take some time, just because you get into port at 7 doesn't mean you will get off the ship right then. Soon as you get on the bus it's a pretty quick trip. Go for the 12:50 you will be much more relaxed.

We are on the Alaskan cruise on the Sea Princess. The website says that we arrive back into Seattle at 7 am. Do you think that we could make an 11 am flight that day? If not, there is also a 1230pm. Thanks for your help.

Considering most airlines want you there 2 hrs before flight time, and that SeaTac can take a little time to get around in, I wouldnt take an 11:30 flight. Remember, you dont know what time your disembarkation group will be called, whether your bags will be searched, traffic delays, etc... . Take the later plane. Waiting an extra hour is better than missing a flight.

Remember, INS has a different timetable than Princess. I would take the later flight. Afterall, why stress yourself out at the end of a hopefully wonderful cruise. Stress can commence when you get home.;) I'd rather sit in the airport with a good book or good conversation than wonder if I will make my flight on time.

I'm not sure about any of you but here is what I've been told when traveling on Princess. Each time I've cruised on Princess and booked my own flights, my TA has told me that Princess doesn't want you booking any return flights before 12:00 p.m. I can't remember if this is listed in their brochure. And, I don't think they will guarantee that you'll get to the airport on time for flights before noon. Also, one other thing to keep in mind, if you have a flight that is around noon time, you'll be one of the first people off the ship. I don't know if you care about stuff like that but it's a big rush! I would rather take a later afternoon flight and take my time getting off the ship.

Just my $.02.

-Dee

Archived