Shops on QM2

chipsdog

Hi Chipsdog,

The shops on the QM2 are mostly high end jewelry, Hermes, a perfumery, and shops that are linked together that carry souveniers, cigarettes and liquer.

However, make sure you have all of your toiletries. The little space that QM2 devotes to things such as a toothbrush or aspirin in minimal and not inexpensive and is located in the liquer - cigarette part of the shops.

If you wear pajamas or nightgowns to bed - you will not find them in any shop on the ship.:eek:

Hope this helps

Maria

Can anyone tell me what shops are on the QM2, I usually take the view that whatever I forget to take on holiday I can buy, however, this may not be possible!

Thank you

As for specific names, there is HERMES, HARRODS, CHOPARD DE GENEVE and H. STERN.

I did find some candy on-board (chocolates) but not at a candy store, just some of the shops sell chocolates -- HARRODS if I recall correctly.

One thing we forgot to bring is washing powder for the lauderette. NOT that we wanted to do laundry but on the very last day -- it is much too late to send your laundry out in time to get it back (unless you are lucky enough to have a stateroom with a butler). QM2 supplies washing powder but it has some sort of bleaching agent included in the powder that we did not want to use. I found one of the shops on-board (I believe where they sell cigarettes) also sell liquid washing powder in a tooth-paste type tube. I found this very handy -- bought a couple of tubes for future use.

Als

Can anyone tell me what shops are on the QM2, I usually take the view that whatever I forget to take on holiday I can buy, however, this may not be possible!

Thank you

As for specific names, there is HERMES, HARRODS, CHOPARD DE GENEVE and H. STERN.

I did find some candy on-board (chocolates) but not at a candy store, just some of the shops sell chocolates -- HARRODS if I recall correctly.

One thing we forgot to bring is washing powder for the lauderette. NOT that we wanted to do laundry but on the next to last day when you get up at noon -- it is much too late to send your laundry out in time to get it back (unless you are lucky enough to have a stateroom with a butler). QM2 supplies washing powder but it has some sort of bleaching agent included in the powder that we did not want to use. I found one of the shops on-board (I believe where they sell cigarettes) also sells liquid washing powder in a tooth-paste type tube. I found this very handy -- bought a couple of tubes for future use.

Also, oddly enough, we found the lauderette (since it was busy, busy) a great place for socializing with fellow passengers. No one visiting the lauderette is a snob. And, Martha STEWART would have loved it (so my DW says) -- there is an ironing board although why anyone would go on holiday and iron their PJs I do not understand. I just washed mine and got out of there.

But, I disgress from the "shops" question -- sorry -- although I guess one can construe a lauderette as being a shop where you do the washing. And on the QM2 they do not charge for this (unlike some cruise lines).

Does QM2 have a shop that sales their logo items such as jackets, shorts, etc? It is nice to be back at home and have a pair of shorts that reminds you of your vacation.

I'm not looking for the $2.00 tee shirts but more upscale items.

thanks

debbie

Yes Debbie there are any number of Logo items. And they are well over the $2.00 price tag.

I personally bought Tshirts, a hooded jacket, men and womens golf shirts, a coat for my dog. There are also hats and visors.

The staff in the shop (Harrods I believe) were so happy to see me, they greeted me by name. You see if you spent over $100 at one time you received a free teddy bear. I received three teddy bears.

The quality of the items is very good and well worth the price.

Happy sailing and spending

Maria

On my recent QM2 crossing, the shops had special sales each day out in a nearby hallway, one day featuring jewelry, another day featuring logo stuff (for 50% off), etc.

Hermes has its own special line of QM2-logo items as well: a beach towel for $450, a scarf for $350, and probably other merchandise equally beyond my budget.

On our last trip (Path of Magellan) my wife forgot her sunglasses and thought she would pick up a pair on the ship. The price range was $150-$400. When I broke a set of studs for a forrmal shirt, the cheapest I could find were $400. My wife was dismayed at the clothing prices, as each piece exceeded one's total customs allowance. (Escada skirt $1200, sweater,$600)

We did learn, however, to check with the infirmary on deck 1 as they could give you or sell you otc items at a fraction of the cost in the shop. Also, one can arrange to buy certain necessities from the crew's shop, I believe on the same deck. However, after several weeks into our voyage, all shops had run low on, or out of merchandise and supplies.

Archived