Galaxy gets Century Treatment???

C 2 C

This was booked and planned PRIOR to any speculation on our part. Unfortunately we've booked this with a number of other couples. I was actually kind of horrified to find out that information.

We usually roll with the punches, but we have been talking to others in our group on possibly rebooking at another date. It will depend on work schedules, as most requested the original dates and may not be able to change them.

Gee...Thanks for the vote of confidence....feels about as good as a poke in the eye..:confused:

Dave:eek:

Hello Folks,

First time I have commented here. My wife and I are booked on Galaxy on the Aug 11 2008 cruise ex Rome. We had heard the rumors about a refit so emailed Celebrity direct and they responded as follows. Hope this helps.

"The Galaxy is due to enter drydock on April 21, 2008 thru May 19, 2008"

This was booked and planned PRIOR to any speculation on our part. Unfortunately we've booked this with a number of other couples. I was actually kind of horrified to find out that information.

We usually roll with the punches, but we have been talking to others in our group on possibly rebooking at another date. It will depend on work schedules, as most requested the original dates and may not be able to change them.

Gee...Thanks for the vote of confidence....feels about as good as a poke in the eye..:confused:

Dave:eek:

My apologies, Dave - didn't mean to upset anyone. On reflection the comment was a bit more robust that I had intended.

As regards the rebooking thing, I don't know what I'd do in the same circumstances. I think I might actually be tempted to carry on with the booking. Either it'll be brilliant - everything will be finished, it'll be brand spanking new, etc, etc - or it'll be in an interesting unfinished state. I think (or hope) I could indeed 'roll with it' if that was the case. But if I had a lot invested in the cruise - anniversary or something like that - then I would probably consider trying to re-arrange.

Celebrity direct and they responded as follows. Hope this helps.

"The Galaxy is due to enter drydock on April 21, 2008 thru May 19, 2008"

Since it sails April 7th to the 18th that would put Galaxy in drydock in Freeport on the 20th-21st.

Rome on June 9th for the first listed cruise might leave room for a 14 day Transatlantic shakedown cruise from MIA? or FLL? to Rome around the 20th and a short 6 or 7 day cruise filler somewhere..

I was in freeport on Friday;l saw a clebrity ship in drydock; could not see the name, but my guess is that isaw the missing galaxy--she is hoisted.

Sad to say, but the X ship you saw in Freeport was probably the Zenith being refitted for Pulmantor.

Check out this link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=556122

My apologies, Dave - didn't mean to upset anyone. On reflection the comment was a bit more robust that I had intended.

As regards the rebooking thing, I don't know what I'd do in the same circumstances. I think I might actually be tempted to carry on with the booking. Either it'll be brilliant - everything will be finished, it'll be brand spanking new, etc, etc - or it'll be in an interesting unfinished state. I think (or hope) I could indeed 'roll with it' if that was the case. But if I had a lot invested in the cruise - anniversary or something like that - then I would probably consider trying to re-arrange.

And if it is an unfinished state maybe Celebrity will do for you like they did for the passengers on the Jorney to Bermuda. They sailed a day late put them up in a hotel for one night told the passengers the cruise was free and that they would all receive a refund and that they would get $100 sbc's. The phones were not working and there was no water in the pools.

I am thinking of the June 22nd cruise and I am hoping that they don't remove the "T pool". They are just not the same on the "M" class ship.

Archived