Senior discount is back

What a great idea. There are four of us in one cabin and my parents (seniors) in another cabin. I just went to the RCCL site and if I check that one of us is a senior, we would save $400. Here is my question though. If I switch myself and my mom, placing a senior in each cabin, won't our credit card accounts be messed up? For example, wouldn't everything I charge be put on her credit card and everything she charges be put on mine? Is there any way to remedy that?

Your Sign and Sail Card is connected to your credit card... therefor your charges will not be affected. You will need to get extra room keys once on board for the switch. It is alittle bit of a pain having two cards, but not really a big deal, and worth the credit in my opinion. We have done this before in order to get the platinum discount for two rooms, and are prepared to do it for the senior discount on the Explorer next summer (with Mommom & Poppop) if it should become available ;) for that sailing!

If I were you I would call RCCL and switch a senior into a second room and get the discount!

A~

Your Sign and Sail Card is connected to your credit card... therefor your charges will not be affected. You will need to get extra room keys once on board for the switch. It is alittle bit of a pain having two cards, but not really a big deal, and worth the credit in my opinion. We have done this before in order to get the platinum discount for two rooms, and are prepared to do it for the senior discount on the Explorer next summer (with Mommom & Poppop) if it should become available ;) for that sailing!

If I were you I would call RCCL and switch a senior into a second room and get the discount!

A~

Thank you to just4kixx and momof3dd! I just got off the phone with the nicest woman I've ever spoken to at RCCL. She told me that she always tells people to split up the seniors just in case this discount becomes available!

I switched my husband and my dad. By adding my dad to my cabin, I got $100 off each person in the cabin -- a total of $400! As just4kixx said, the rep told me to go to guest relations and have extra keys made, so my dad and my husband will be carrying two cards. Not a big deal to us either. And she confirmed that everybody can be linked to whatever credit card we choose, so this is great!

We have saved so much on this cruise already since booking. The four of us have saved a total of $1400 between coupons, price drop and senior discount, and my parents have saved $660!:D

One question though. The four of us (DH, DS11, DS14 and I) were booked in a JS. After this cruise, DH and I would have advanced to platinum. Now that my husband is technically in a category M for this upcoming cruise, he will only get one cruise credit and my dad and I will each get the double credit for being in a JS. When DH and I sail in the future, since I will be platinum and he will still be gold, will we still cruise at platinum status and be eligible for platinum perks?

I believe I have read that the C&A level is per address. So, if YOU are Platinum, and your DH lives with you... you are both platinum. It worked that way for me. This past summer I sailed on the Navigator with my children. DH was originally scheduled to go, but had to back out. A friend of DD came in his place. After the sailing, We received a letter stating that we had both advanced to Platinum level.

If you and DH should sail again and would only have 1 cabin, you would both be treated as Platinum, but would only get the balcony credit per stateroom. If you should travel in two cabins, both cabins would get the credit.

Hope that helped

A~ :)

PS... Glad you were able to get a friendly helpful CS rep! They DO exist!!!:D

if you are already paying a lower rate then listed can you still get the seniors discount. we paid $869.99 and the list price is now $1299.99 with the seniors rate at 1109.99. or will they give you the $190.00 discount. i know i already have a great price but it doesn't hurt to ask

Troubles, I don't believe that is the way it works. I believe that what you will be looking at is what the new price is, not how much it is reduced from the regular price right now. You got a fabulous rate, though!

I believe I have read that the C&A level is per address. So, if YOU are Platinum, and your DH lives with you... you are both platinum. It worked that way for me. This past summer I sailed on the Navigator with my children. DH was originally scheduled to go, but had to back out. A friend of DD came in his place. After the sailing, We received a letter stating that we had both advanced to Platinum level.

If you and DH should sail again and would only have 1 cabin, you would both be treated as Platinum, but would only get the balcony credit per stateroom. If you should travel in two cabins, both cabins would get the credit.

Hope that helped

A~ :)

PS... Glad you were able to get a friendly helpful CS rep! They DO exist!!!:D

Everybody is telling me what I want to hear tonight, and I'm liking it!!

We are going on EOS in September, we are doing what everyone is mentioning. I am rooming with my sis in a Junior Suite, and dh is rooming with my bil. Both dh and myself are seniors, just barely, and my sister needs 2 cruise credits to become platinum and I can always use more credits on my way to becoming diamond plus. Also, as diamonds we get balcony discounts.

Not sure what we are going to do once we get on the ship because we have the jr suite and the guys have a balcony, I really don't want to give up the suite and I don't have any problem sharing a room with my sister.

Also, my bil will get bumped to platinum since he has the same address as my sister. My future dil got bumped to diamond after 1 cruise since she used our address. When she did that she didn't know that they would do that, she only used our address because she was moving and she wasn't sure where she was going.

Archived