Senior discount is back

The senior discount question has returned to the RCCL website when booking a cruise on the 12-16-06 Voyager. If any of you are on this cruise and are 55+, I suggest you call RCCL immediately to get the reduction ($100 per senior). I did this for my parents when it appeared about a week and a half ago and saved them over $200 (Cruise Care went down as a result of the cruise price going down), and then by the afternoon the question was pulled.

It may pay to check whatever cruise you're on to see if they're asking this question. They also ask a residency question, but we didn't get a residency discount. We are in Pennsylvania. Maybe other states will qualify.

Good luck.:)

if you are already paying a lower rate then listed can you still get the seniors discount. we paid $869.99 and the list price is now $1299.99 with the seniors rate at 1109.99. or will they give you the $190.00 discount. i know i already have a great price but it doesn't hurt to ask

if you are already paying a lower rate then listed can you still get the seniors discount. we paid $869.99 and the list price is now $1299.99 with the seniors rate at 1109.99. or will they give you the $190.00 discount. i know i already have a great price but it doesn't hurt to ask

That's a good question. Hopefully someone here can answer that for you. It can't hurt to call and ask. Please let us know what you find out.

Is the Senior Discount only for the senior personally, or is it for the stateroom that they are booking? For instance, if I am travelling in the same stateroom with my mother, who is a senior, and I am not, does the rate only apply to her or to the entire stateroom? Anyone know? Or does she get the senior pp rate and I pay the regular rate, even though the rates are all double occupancy?

I have been lucky enough to get the sr discount several times. All persons in the stateroom with the senior get the discount. Also, you can get the discount even if you have had a price decrease prior, or are using a coupon. Go for it!:rolleyes:

When I checked for our sailing, I found that the senior rates were only for the interrior staterooms. I'm not a senior but my folks who are traveling with us are. I was going to try and get it for them but rates where only shown for the less desireable interrior staterooms I also checked with RCCL and they said the same thing.--oh darn--that's ok.

How can you tell if the senior discounts will apply to your specific category? I checked my sailing and the questions were there about residencey and age?

I just went into RCCL website and pretended to book another cruise. Chose the cabin catagory I had etc. then I cancelled it before they required any information (personal like name, cc etc.) You can also just call RCCL and they will tell you. Because I'd booked with a TA, I just asked basic questions like "Is the Senior discount good for Monarch Sept. 4 sailing in cat. F2...?"

If it had been i would have immediately contacted my TA, where it wasn't I just said thankyou and hung up.

Sorry I'm a little slow......We are booked on a B2B this Feb. When I go back and check out the cruise they now ask if anyone is a senior.

My husband turns 55 this month.:eek:

I called RC and they said it doesn't apply to that cruise. :confused:

I don't get it...Why would they suddenly ask this question if it doesn't apply to that cruise?

Hi Maineac,

Don’t give up hope yet! (And no, you are NOT clueless!)

Other posters have said that IF your sailing is going to be offering the Senior discount, it usually happens about 3 months out from your departure.

Looks like you don’t sail till February next year, so you have plenty of time. During November, you may want to check back often to see if the offering is there. ;)

Good Luck!

Happy Cruisin’,

Suzy B

If you go onto Walmart's website, it will show you if there is a senior or residency rate.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=5429

It will show which sailing and which catagory if you put in a ship with all dates available.

We saved over $1000 pp for our upcoming Bermuda cruise. (D2 reg $1959 - discount $919)It was a little less than what was offered on the Memorial Day special which we missed since we didn't know yet if we could go.

I had also been concerned if it was only for the person over 55, but it applied to anyone in the cabin. Since it will be me, my sister, my mom and her friend, we put myself and my mom in one cabin with my sister and mom's friend in the other so there would be a senior in each room. We will then switch onboard.

Will they apply senior discount if you got a sale price too? There are 4 of us booked in one room F1 on Monarch and one of us is over 55, but we booked when they had the $99.00 special for 3rd and 4th guests. Does anyone know how that works? Also, we booked when 1st and 2nd were 374 pp and now it's 389 pp... any ideas? I will call them later, but it will be awhile before I can get a call in, only one phone line!! :D

Hi Maineac,

Don’t give up hope yet! (And no, you are NOT clueless!)

Other posters have said that IF your sailing is going to be offering the Senior discount, it usually happens about 3 months out from your departure.

Looks like you don’t sail till February next year, so you have plenty of time. During November, you may want to check back often to see if the offering is there. ;)

Good Luck!

Happy Cruisin’,

Suzy B

Thank You Miss Suzy B......I'll keep my eyes open ;)

OK, I went to the RCCL website to pretend to book another cruise on the date I am going with my same cabin category, it said the senior discount was available, so cool, I called up RCCL and asked if it could be applied, she said we weren't elegible. :confused: The lady wasn't helpful at all, and didn't want to answer any of my questions, is there any way I can talk to the original guy I booked with the first time?

My EOS cruise in September is now offering a Senior Discount but even with the discount it comes to more then I got the cabin for a few months ago. My TA called but RC but they wouldn't apply a senior discount to the fare I have. I'll keep my eyes open if the price drops down again.

I had also been concerned if it was only for the person over 55, but it applied to anyone in the cabin. Since it will be me, my sister, my mom and her friend, we put myself and my mom in one cabin with my sister and mom's friend in the other so there would be a senior in each room. We will then switch onboard.

What a great idea. There are four of us in one cabin and my parents (seniors) in another cabin. I just went to the RCCL site and if I check that one of us is a senior, we would save $400. Here is my question though. If I switch myself and my mom, placing a senior in each cabin, won't our credit card accounts be messed up? For example, wouldn't everything I charge be put on her credit card and everything she charges be put on mine? Is there any way to remedy that?

My TA claims she checked to see if there is a senior discount for my August 25th cruise on the Explorer....she said she was told NO Discount. If any one hears anything different, I'd sure like to know. Thanks

on that sailing only for balcony cabins. Not sure what category you have.

-DEM920

tdembek@optonline.net

Archived